cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfixable controller drift

complex642
Level 2

For the past 3-6 months my left controller has been progressively drifting to the right more and more and more to the point where I'm constantly going right in games. I've tried everything that has been recommended (taking batteries out, replacing batteries, blowing into the joystick, disconnecting and reconnecting them e.t.c) but none of it has worked and I don't really want to send the whole headset back does anyone know why it is happening or is anyone else experiencing it? Its really made me just stop playing VR because I get motion sick from moving to the right all the time.

1 REPLY 1

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey complex642,

We understand you're experiencing drift issues with your left controller, and that you've already tried taking the batteries out, cleaning, and re-pairing your controller to fix it. We appreciate you sharing what you've tried already, and we will get to the bottom of this so you an get back to enjoying VR.

First, when powering on your controllers, ensure that the Analog sticks aren't being held in any direction and are at rest in the neutral position.

Second, taking the batteries out for at least 30 minutes will reset your controllers. Go ahead and try that with both controllers at the same time. 

If neither of those steps helped, the last thing to try is a factory reset. This will erase all saved data on the device and is irreversible. You will still be able access purchased content from your account, once you're logged back in. For steps on how to do this, please click here.

If you're still noticing the drift issue after that, we'll want to look in to your options for a replacement. You'll want to open up a support ticket here, and we'll go from there.