cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Unity] Avatar SDK Hands Flicker/Jutter as scene goes on

TBA_VR
Honored Guest
I'm sorry I can't show a video of what I'm experiencing. Essentially, when I start my scene in Unity, I'm able to move and see the hands from the Avatar just fine. However, as the scene goes on, they start to flicker and become almost unrecognizable. After a minute, they become a flickering mess. As a side note, I get the same problem when I attach any 3D object to Left or RightHandAnchors of the OVRCameraRig prefab. The object starts out fine, but deteriorates in quality as the scene goes on. This happens in both the editor and the final build.

I have the Avatar prefab as a child of the OVRCameraRig's Tracking Space, as a few tutorials suggested. The avatar doesn't seem to be the issue though. When I remove the avatar prefab from the scene, I still have the same problem when attaching an object to the hand anchors.

I'm using Unity 2017.0.4, Avatar SDK 1.16, Unity Utilities 1.19, and Oculus Platform SDK 1.19. I've also tried the most current versions of each of the preceding files, and had the same problem.
1 REPLY 1

TBA_VR
Honored Guest
To clarify further. I have the Avatar prefab as a child of the OVRCameraRig's Tracking Space. I found a few tutorials that specified this method of using the Avatar hands