cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown USB Device

FormelLMS
Protege
Hi,
I have a problem with the USB of the Rift Headset. When I plug it in, I get a message, that the latest USB Device is unknown and the port couldn't be restarted (something like that)
It is only with the usb cable of the HMD. Everything other works.

But the best: Oculus is working well. Games are displayed within etc.

But how to fix this error. I have a yellow exclamationmark in device manager "Unknown USB Device" In Oculus software, everything is correct and green marked.
4 REPLIES 4

b-twice
Expert Protege
I get this same error everyday... but my Rift works flawlessly.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey FormelLMS, if
you haven't already, try different USB 3.0 ports. I also recommend
reinstalling your USB drivers and the Oculus drivers. You can install
the Oculus drivers by closing the Oculus app, go to C:\Program
Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-drivers, and opening oculus-driver. I
also recommend disconnecting other USB devices except your Rift
hardware and mouse/keyboard. If your Rift is working fine, I wouldn't
be too concerned but please feel free to create a support ticket at
https://support.oculus.com
if you need more help. Thanks! -Rick

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

FormelLMS
Protege
Hi Rick, thanks for your answer. 
I've tried every single usb port on my PC. Onboard and on my Inateck Card. Updated all drivers and reinstalled the whole windows. 
I've let the driver installer run as you said. It takes ten seconds where I can see it in Taskmanager but no GUI. Is that correct?

In the end it doesn't work unfortunately. I believe, that this problem comes with 1.35. Before I didn't have had this problem. 

I've opened a ticket on Thursday . I've heard nothing until now. Hoping that there will be a fix 

ChillHuskyy
Honored Guest
just recently bought the rift s (arrived 4 days ago) and now its not detecting the USB or the HDMI, and the "USB not detected" is popping up for me as well i don't know what to do nothings working, I've tried so many things.