cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update and reinstall removed my video card?

9tnine
Honored Guest
Oculus said it had to update today and that seemed to go fine but then for whatever reason the sensors where acting up, couldnt get them to work correctly after trying for almost an hour and so i figured well why not start from scratch. the update might have had a issue lets just restart. well when i reinstalled oculus it was working just fine for a hour or so and then it popped up with a thing about needing to switch to discrete video or something i thought it had something to do with reinstalling the update i wasn't sure but when it restarted my nvidia card was no where to be seen. went through the steps to unhide it from device manager and uninstall the drivers so i could reinstall it like some forums had said to do but when i try to reinstall it nvidia says its not there at all now. no clue what happened... has anyone else had this issue? ive done alot of googling but with no luck. im about to try reinstalling windows once i finish backing up all my files but this is really frustrating it seems to be one thing after another with this thing. thanks for any help
the video card is the Nvidia GeForce GTX 980m
and the laptop im on is the GT72 2QE (Dominator Pro)
Keep in mind it worked fine for months
1 REPLY 1

GATOxVoS
Heroic Explorer
You're installing the drivers from the manufacturer's (of your laptop) website, correct? Not NVidias.
PC Specs:
Intel i7-6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 Motherboard
RTX 2080 Ti - MSI VENTUS
16 GB CAS-10 RAM @ 2400 MHz
Startech 4-port/4-USB controller add-on card
850W Corsair HX850 PSU
4-Sensor, Roomscale Setup