cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update for Oculus Go is NOT working

Reiziger
Expert Protege

now Saturday 12 February the Oculus Go browser is still not working (for already 1.5 months and counting) because oculus continues to fail to solve it 

I brought back the headset to factory settings and removed the oculus app, then installed it. yes now they had an update for the browser/software .... But the UPDATE is NOT working either at this moment.

in the browser if you look at VR and do ok WebXR you hear sound but no vision (the circle continues forever).

2 REPLIES 2

rayzwad
Honored Guest

This is getting crazy, how are we not getting any info about this? I’m willing to upgrade headsets but this service is making me question if I even want to stay a customer in this VR world… Oculus can you guys give us some info please?

Reiziger
Expert Protege

Important news, after 1.5 months today the Oculus browser WebXR is working again.

I stopped waiting for the update and did a reset, what worked for me:

step 1: removed the oculus app from the phone (uninstall formal way)

step 2: factory reset headset (power and volume - pushed in at same time)

step 3: waited 1 hour

step 4: installed oculus app on telephone 

step 5: started the oculus headset .... followed instructions

step 6: wait one day (it did not work on the first day, probably something had to be done)

step 7: it is working again

Amazing how much time and effort this has been costing me. Good it works, but was not a good experience at all (waiting 1.5 months to fix something so key for a headset).