cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updates won’t happen

Darth_thunDer
Honored Guest

So, it all started when the Walking Dead, Saints and Sinners had an update. I play that game and so I started the update. It has been 1 and a half weeks, and the update is stuck on 493 megabytes out of 2.6 gigs. That isn’t even the weirdest part. I can’t uninstall it, I’ve restarted my oculus, but it is still updating and putting other things in the line to update. Also, I’ve checked m my oculus storage, and it says that it isn’t even on there. Yet, it is still “updating.” I need help so I can go back to updating my games please.

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We hate to hear you're not able to get gaming due to this issue! Rest assured, this is a known issue and our engineering team is working diligently to get this resolved. In the meantime, we could try a factory reset. 

Before we do so, please enable Cloud Backup. To turn Cloud Backup on or off:

1. Put on your headset, then hover over the clock on the left side of the universal menu. When Quick Settings appears, select it to open the Quick Settings panel.
  2. Select  Settings.
  3. Select System, then select Backup.
  4. Select the toggle next to Cloud Backup to turn Cloud Backup on or off.

Keep in mind that while Cloud Backup is available to all Oculus developers, it's up to developers to decide whether to enable this feature for their app and what data is backed up.

Once you have enabled Cloud Backup, please perform a factory reset using the headset:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Notes:

• Performing a factory reset is irreversible and will remove all account information, downloaded games, and content from the headset.

• Performing a factory reset won't remove content you've purchased or downloaded from your account.

We hope this helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

bertrand.roche.31
Honored Guest

hello, same for me, update of WD on my quest 2 freeze, and i can't do anythink...

need help too please...