cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User help with windows 10 guide.*updated #2*

DeathZone
Honored Guest
For those that still having camera DK2 and Rift DK2 problems.

1: Make sure that your camera DK2 and Rift DK2 is disconnected.

2: download Oculus runtime for windows V0.8.0.0-beta.

3: make sure your video card That is GTX 970 or greater is updated then restart your pc. Nvidia driver version should be 358.78

4:after your pc is on, go to the button right corner of your screen you'll see a arrow that's pointing up like this ^ click that and click the Oculus icon.

5: That will bring up "Oculus configuration Utility" it should say "No HMD Detected."

6: go to tools/service/configure. Make sure these are right..... Server logging level "none" Debug HMD Type "Debug Disabled" un-check "reft saver"

7: Its time for you to start plugging stuff in. Don't plug the USB power in just yet or you have to restart your pc. Make sure that you have your camera audio cord plug in all the way or your going to get a error called "tracker sync cable disconnected." I recommend checking all cables two times.

8: Your going to plug in the camera DK2 USB power cord into a 3.0 USB plug. For some reason that 2.0 USB wont work with the camera or the Rift DK2 you should still have your "Oculus configuration Utility" up on your screen. you should have this error "No HMD Detected, Traker Connected" that means your camera is up and going. If you want to double check it go to devices and printers in your control panel.

9: after you done checking up on the camera plug in the HDMI first than the USB power cord into a 3.0 USB port. Again for some reason it wont recognize the Rift DK2 if you plug it into a 2.0 USB port. the Utility should automatic recognize.

10: Issues/fix: if the camera doesnt light up blue and you have a orange light on your Rift DK2 restart your pc and make sure the Rift DK2 is off. when your pc is up, do not turn on your Rift DK2 on leave it off" go into your Utility make sure everything a correct then turn on your Rift DK2. your camera should turn on and your rift should be orange. that mean everything is working try the "show Demo Scene." after that it works...............Forgot to mention one more thing leave your utility on your desktop "Do not exit out of the utility or the camera wont stay on". If you happen to exit it out on accident, just turn off your Rift DK2 headset, bring back the utility and your camera should light up blue.

If your pc crashes check your event viewer if the cause inefficient power just plug in the AC adapter. they well be some more errors on the oculus rift but it should let you play for a whole day or two. Just make sure you turn off your pc after your done playing with it so it wont crash your pc.

11: Only games that support Oculus rift 0.7.0.0-beta and newer will work. If a 3d party works on games like outlast or Alien: Isolation feel free to tell them since i cant confirm it.

12: here are some horror games i found that works with Rift DK2

Monstrum
Dreadhalls
nightmare house
late night

vorpX games:

Skyrim
GTA5
Metro last light
Battlefield 4
Amnesia

Those are the games that works with this setup. I hope this guide help. n.n
18 REPLIES 18

cybereality
Grand Champion
@Deets: Can you provide these logs? viewtopic.php?f=34&t=23521
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

DeathZone
Honored Guest
"ServerWizard" wrote:
"cybereality" wrote:
Can you try with this Nvidia driver? https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworks- ... er-support

Still get the same bluescreen error

How would i get a log of the crash?

Everything looks fine. the only think of two things that kind be the problem, either a program in your system that doesnt like the oculus rift utility , or your video card could be the problem too. I'll buy that video card to test it to see if that's the problem.

one more thing you can try. check how much wats your power supply has. make sure it can support your system.

DeathZone
Honored Guest
"Deets" wrote:
I keep getting the same old error message even after following every step of your guide.

"HMD powered off, check HDMI connection" so fed up with this -.-

whats your spects thats on your system? Make sure everything is seated all the way. you should hear a "click" when you put in the audio cord in the camera same goes on the other end.

ServerWizard
Honored Guest
"DeathZone" wrote:
"ServerWizard" wrote:
"cybereality" wrote:
Can you try with this Nvidia driver? https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworks- ... er-support

Still get the same bluescreen error

How would i get a log of the crash?

Everything looks fine. the only think of two things that kind be the problem, either a program in your system that doesnt like the oculus rift utility , or your video card could be the problem too. I'll buy that video card to test it to see if that's the problem.

one more thing you can try. check how much wats your power supply has. make sure it can support your system.

It probably is a combination of the video card and windows 10, I'm planning on building a new system with the GTX 970 and windows 7, so it should work there without any problems. thanks anyway

f2hunter
Honored Guest
Thanks for this post,

I am having this issue but before I follow your steps, does it support my 690 gtx. My config had been working perfectly up until SDK 0.7.

cschmi23
Honored Guest
Same exact issues here. Updated to .8 runtime to run Unreal 4. apc index mismatch. Back to .7 and still nothing.

Windows 8.1, GTX 980m
Tried all recent Nvidia drivers and both .7 and .8 runtimes. All combos.

Running the demo leads to blank white screen then apc index mismatch every time.

Incredibly frustrating.

DvNn
Honored Guest
*********** PROBLEM SOLVED ***********

Solved the problem. Turns out I had a software package called DisplayLink installed, which was the driver for a StarTech.com brand USB to VGA adapter that I no longer use. I used this adapter for a few years to add another monitor to my rig, but stopped using it months ago. I only unplugged it but never thought to remove the software package. Uninstalling this package caused my monitors to flicker and desktop to refresh - it was definitely doing something in the background. Since doing that my DK2 works with no more BSOD. Score.

Hello,

I am getting this same problem with my DK2 (APC_INDEX_MISMATCH). Replying here since I can't make a new post yet, this is my first post.

I have two PCs with different specs - everything works fine on one of them, so I know it's not the hardware.

The PC I am getting the issues on is:

- Windows 7 Pro
- ASUS Sabertooth X79
- Intel i7 3930k
- 32GB RAM
- GTX 970 & 630 GT (DK2 is plugged into HDMI on 970)

Using 0.8 Runtime, everything seems like it's detected, blue light on the detector, oculus config says HMD is connected. As soon as I run the demo scene (or any scene), I get a blank window then a BSOD with APC_INDEX_MISMATCH.

I see the last post here is from Dec 04 2015, has anybody successfully fixed this problem? What were the steps you took? I have tried different USB ports, reinstalling runtime, updating nVidia drivers, all to no avail. Next step is to get a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter and use the DisplayPort output on the 970 instead of the HDMI out. But that's all I can think of.

Thanks,
Dave

LockonStratos00
Honored Guest
I've been having this issue as well any solutions anyone?

JonBrouchoud
Protege
I had this problem as well. Uninstalling DisplayDriver fixed it!