cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a Quest2 with PC link will degrade the battery?

Frankalexandre
Protege

Bought a Quest2 in early 2020, used it only connected to a PC using cable, used it wireless maybe 10 or 15 hour, almost never. At the beginning the battery always stay 1t 100% when playing racing simulators, maybe losting 1 or 2% of battery, if any. 2 or 3 months ago the battery start to loose charging at 1% per minute (again, connected to PC). Someone say that my motherboard was not able to deliver power. But it was before. 15 days ago the problem got worse, the battery was not charging even with Q2 turned off using the link cable or the original wall charger, only way to charging was powering the unit with power up button and let it in wall charge with that screen were you can reset or update the firmware. Yesterday i bought another Quest2, 256 gb, again, it keep the battery 100% when using the old link cable with my PC. So, the motherboard is delivery power just fine, the old headset have a problem. So, the question is, keeping the headset connected to a PC and giving charging all the time will degrade the Quest 2 battery over time? Of course it is impossible to not do it since you need the cable connected to use PC link and charging cant be turned off.

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, there. We see that you are concerned about best practices for maximizing battery health, and we would be happy to assist you.

We recommend doing the following to extend the life of your internal battery:

• Fully power-down headset when not in use.
  • Use the provided charger
  • Un-plug when fully charged

More helpful Steps can be found here. Please let us know if this is helpful.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!