cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V28 on PC & Q2 but Airlink not visible on PC beta tab?

Robbo_Cop
Honored Guest

As above, I have V28 software on both my PC and Quest 2.

The Quest 2 shows Airlink in the beta settings and I can toggle that on.

On the PC side there is no Airlink option in the beta tab (PC software version 28.0.0.222.469). I tried opting in and out of the public beta program, restarting the Oculus service, restarting the PC, changing my account locale to the US (from UK, Australia still isn't an option for some reason). The only other things I can think to do is wait and hope a future PC software update fixes the problem (lame), or uninstall and reinstall the entire Oculus PC application (time consuming and lame), or raising a ticket (sounds like FB are drowning in tickets about airlink atm so likely a long wait until I get a reply).

PC has a 5800X and 2080S, so its not like its below minimum specs or anything.

Any other thoughts? I would appreciate anyone's help, particularly if you faced the same issue.

If I don't hear back in the next 24 hours or so I'll likely go with the un/reinstall option and report back if it works

Thanks all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_de_Clair
Honored Guest

1 Logout from Oculus PC APP

2 login to Oculus PC APP
3 DISABLE Public test (app should say that need update and reload)
4 check version of app should be 28.0.0.0.222.469
5 restart quest gogle (hold power button and choose restart)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Robbo_Cop
Honored Guest

Oh yeah, Virtual desktop works fine on the PC, so its not a networking issue or similar and physical link cable works too.

Thanks again

So I un/reinstalled the Oculus PC app, no change. That said, the fresh install remembered my account details, so I am guessing that there were some system files that the uninstall didn't remove that may have had some impact. In any case, I still can't use airlink.

Any help would be radtastic, thanks

Robert_de_Clair
Honored Guest

1 Logout from Oculus PC APP

2 login to Oculus PC APP
3 DISABLE Public test (app should say that need update and reload)
4 check version of app should be 28.0.0.0.222.469
5 restart quest gogle (hold power button and choose restart)

Thanks very much, typing this very clumbsly from inside my Q2.

Still confuses me a little that a fresh install was less effective than logging out/in, but hey done now.

Not that it matters, but I do seem to be a version or two behind you on the PC app, still works