cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V32 Sys Update Files not update to sync

Sullieship
Level 2

As in the subject, my Quest 2 has updated to V32, but the Files app is not showing any cloud icon to sync with my phone. Is the app going to be updated later, or is this a problem with the update itself?

46 REPLIES 46

PlasticPaul
Level 4

got a response from the customer service. Here it is:

"While we know you're excited for the new features with this update, we ask for your patience and understanding while we work on rolling this update out to everyone. To ensure that your system is optimized, please make sure your headset and mobile phone are both updated to v32."

So should only be a matter of waiting for the rollout to get to us, hopefully.

PlasticPaul
Level 4

Just an update for this thread: still no function available on my end, 2 weeks after the vanilla response from customer service and almost a month after the release of V32...

Vurlix
Level 3

Same here. It's kinda annoying. I mean I sideloaded xplorer so I can sync to Google drive from the quest. But it's been a bit of time for a rollout process and I still don't have the sync feature in the files app. I'd rather be doing it natively if I'm being real.

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hey there. This does not sound right and we want to help figure out this software issue with you. It sounds like the update did not install properly, as such our first recommendation would be to try to reinstall the update. Additionally, if you have not yet, please reboot the headset. If these do not fix the problem, please submit a ticket and a member of our team will get back to you as quickly as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.

Glad to hear from Support: I (and I am sure all of the ones reading this post) have already rebooted the device, with no success.

Can you please provide instructions on how to reinstall the update please? Of course, we all want to avoid a factory reset and lose everything saved.

Appreciate the help

OculusSupport
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager

Hello again. We do understand the factory reset would be a last resort option to fix the issue. Our first recommendation would be to check to make sure the update registered as installed. This can be checked by putting on the headset and opening the "Settings" menu. Next, select "See All" and then hit "About". If an update is available, it should display beside the headset's version information at the top of the screen. If the option is available, click on the install button to begin the update. Another potential issue that could be presenting this issue is the potentiality that there is not enough space on the device to update. Rebooting the headset is another option before factory resetting as it might get the update problem solved.

To reboot the Quest 2:

1. With your headset on, hold the power button on the right side of your headset down until you're prompted with a shut-down screen.

2. Select Restart to reboot your Quest 2 or Quest.

If this does not solve the problem. Please submit a ticket and we will try to figure this out as best as we can before factory resetting.

I took your advice and restarted the headset just to triple check but it's saying I'm on V32, so it updated. Just no sync feature.

com.oculus.vrshell-20210914-131907.jpg

com.oculus.vrshell-20210914-131820.jpg

I'll be submitting a ticket like you've recommended.  Though, at this point I'm sure I'll be getting the V33 update soon.

Vurlix
Level 3

Just got done talking to support. I guess we just wait for V33 to roll out to see if it's fixed.

Same here. V32 installed. Rebooted more than once. Device has plenty of space (more than 80gb free). No cloud icon just like Vurlix here. 

How do we REINSTALL v32?

besides the vanilla responses we get, I am afraid they cannot help at the end of the day