cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V32 Sys Update Files not update to sync

Sullieship
Explorer

As in the subject, my Quest 2 has updated to V32, but the Files app is not showing any cloud icon to sync with my phone. Is the app going to be updated later, or is this a problem with the update itself?

47 REPLIES 47

PlasticPaul
Protege

yes they are pretty useless unfortunately....it is almost more upsetting that, instead of telling users that they do not know what the issue is, they keep throwing at us pointless tasks

Thanks for letting us know,  I was saving that as a last resort option but it's good to know that even factory resetting and deleting all my data won't work. Saves me a ton with that knowledge,  so thank you for that update.

Tikiturtle
Honored Guest

So it's been over a month and I have since updated to v33 .whatever and still have no cloud icon. Has anyone confirmed this is a rolling update? Like they didn't have it and got it outside of a normal update? 

I did not find a Files app to download, to replace the one that does not want to update. Could some provide us with that file, so we can try to side load the app ourselves?

Oshun_Guanima
Explorer

ffinally after I don´t know how many ticket with no concrete answeer. trying reseting  countless times and giving up. I just got the option of the cloud. I guess it comes... when it comes.

Reenz_11
Explorer

I just got my Cloud today after 1.5 months, one open TA ticket, a factory reset, and a couple of posts here. This is what I did differently, maybe it helped. I left my headset on overnight for about a week in my living room next to my router. I had heard before you must leave it on overnight when a new update comes out, but I like to shut down my devices. Maybe that helped, have you tried this?

PlasticPaul
Protege

Nice info. Thanks for the update. I still have no cloud but will try this @Reenz_11 : so just leave it plugged in stand by mode overnight or for a couple of days where you surely have good wifi connection?

Worth a shot. Thanks! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

(Re-posting due to an error -- apologies if this appears twice.)

I finally got the cloud icon, and it says files are syncing ("14 days left").  The problem is, they don't appear on my phone.  (I checked the "Devices" tab in the Oculus app, and everywhere else I could think of.)

maiklohse
Explorer

Finally got the cloud symbol as well. Seemed to be a good week for that. 

maiklohse
Explorer

Believe it or not - turned on my Quest 2 today and the friggin cloud symbol has disappeared again