cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR CHAT not properly hooking GPU?

Sithered
Explorer

For some reason, When I use my Oculus Quest 2(pc link cable). . . I get stutter(hourglass) and lag, this can be seen along side a very low GPU utilization, what is more. . . .

-If I launch any other desktop game in addition to VRchat, something that Utilizes the GPU, While also having VR Chat open, the lag goes away (It happens with Steam version, and oculus version of VRchat)

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there Sithered! No one likes stuttering or lagging, so we'd be happy to get to the bottom of this for you!

From the sound of it, does your PC have a dedicated GPU? Additionally, have you checked to see if it meets the minimum requirements?

Let us know!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

GTX 980ti, also you'll notice I included the information that "If I increase the workload on the GPU - LAUNCH MORE APPLICATIONS" the lag goes away, so far I have tried things such as

-Reinstall Steam

-reinstall steam vr

-install/reinstall vrchat for steam

-reinstall oculus

-install/reinstall vrchat for oculus

reinstall graphics drivers(Clean install),

-configure drivers of Optimal Performance(global)

-configure drivers for optimal performance (vrchat)

-install older graphics drivers.

-Increase VRCHAT.exe Priorty within taskmgr

-launch VRchat via AirLink 

-launch VRchat via pclink cable

Thanks for letting us know everything you've done so far!

Is the lag only happening with VR CHAT, or multiple apps? Also, can you let us know what your PC specs are?

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

i7 4770, 980ti, 16gb ram.   So far this issue appears to be exclusive to VRChat, it's like the videocard is idle, if I launch a second application, example being 'Grid 2', the videocard kicks into action and nolonger lags with VRchat open, until that other application is closed, then VRchat returns to the laggy state it was in. . . clearly I do not want a second application using system resources just to run VRchat. . . I'm moments away from reinstalling windows here 😕

Sithered
Explorer

The issue appears to have been found, my pc has more than 1 monitor, if I unplug the second monitor, the lag goes away. . . 

Hey again! We're glad to hear that you have discovered your issue. Please feel free to reach back out to us in the future if you are ever in need of assistance again. Happy gaming!