cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Keyboard not showing propely

Daxterminator
Honored Guest
My virtual keyboard doesn't show up in the rectangle dedicated to it, instead I see a part of my wallpaper. At times it appears on the main screen but after closing the Dash it's gone until I restart Oculus. The keys work propely but I can't see what I'm pressing. Is there a way to restore the original position of the virtual keyboard? I suppose the way it works is that Oculus Dash mirrors a portion of the screen where the virtual keyboard should be to show it in the dedicated rectangle.

Forgive me for the low amount of information given, if you need additional info just let me know.
9 REPLIES 9

playingmetal0
Explorer
you might have pinned it by accident that is the only thing I can think of why it wouldn't be able to move, try to unpin it then adjust like you think you would, the pin option should be on the bottom left corner of the window

GARY48750
Explorer
I am not even seeing a virtual keyboard. Shouldn't have one?

Me too

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We want you to be able to enjoy the ever-expanding virtual world without encountering any issues, so here are some troubleshooting steps to get you back into gaming once again!

Lets start by selecting "Start" , then select Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard , and turn on the toggle under Use the On-Screen Keyboard. A keyboard that can be used to move around the screen and enter text will appear on the screen. The keyboard will remain on the screen until you close it.

We hope this helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

My headset does not have an "Ease of acces" in settings. And I am encountering the same problem. The virtual keyboard, will not appear in the wifi tab, when I try to write my password. Please udate this post or make a detailed, up to date guide in your "help". 

I am encountering the same problem. The is no “ease of access” setting, and when I try to enter a new WiFi network, no keyboard shows up

Hey there! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Having Keyboard issues is not ideal, as we know how this can hinder your VR experience. No worries, let's see what we can do! Could you please answer the following?

• Which device are you using?
  • Are you using Virtual Desktop or a different app to access the keyboard?
  • Are you currently hooked up to a PC while doing this?

Looking forward to your response!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

McRatticus
Honored Guest

I was using a Meta Quest 2 and I wasn’t hooked up to a PC. The keyboard I was struggling with was the one that is supposed to automatically pop up when you enter a WiFi network.

Thank you for responding. We ask that you reboot your headset to see if that will fix the keyboard issue. If not, the last step would be to factory reset on your headset. Doing this will erase everything on the headset, but thanks to our Cloud Backup feature, all of your saved data will be stored on the cloud. If neither the reboot or factory reset please Pm us directly. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. Looking forward to hearing from you!