cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting on replacement - 3months

madpsychocat
Explorer

After being an owner of the Rift I decided to move to a Quest 2. Unfortunately after a couple of months it broke - it wouldn't reboot. After contacting support and trying different things, I was ask to return it. Did so, using the courier and details provided with weekly updates. Unfortunately this was about 3 months ago. What I keep being told is " its suspected that your package got diverted to the wrong warehouse, your investigation is ongoing to locate that package and get it scanned into our system so that the replacement can be triggered. " And that without this a replacement cannot be triggered. I am confused how a Meta logistics problem is my issue. Does this means that if my package is never found I have simply lost all my money? Why am I being penalized for a logistics issue? How do I escalate this? All I am being told is that this is escalate to the highest level. I've asked for a refund but told that I do not qualify / a note has been made.

19 REPLIES 19

JeffChenTW
Honored Guest

They have a serious issue with this. I return a Headset and it's delivered on Oct 4, and I never had my refund.
They keep telling me the logistics team hasn't replied any update yet, even worse, they couldn't tell when I can get my money back, It's a serious crime I assumed. 

They are treating their internal logistics problems as the fault of the customer. It feels like theft. Paid £400 for a faulty product and now we don't have the product or a refund. They are telling me that it was sent to the wrong warehouse, admitting that they have it. And if my parcel never surfaces have I simply lost my money? Terrible customer service. 

I'm also in the same boat. Support has started to dry up and not even reply anymore. 

I've written to the CEO, have the BBC in the UK getting information together from a few people , but they still have my £300 headset and not doing anything about it. 

Does anyone know of a registered office in the UK for oculos, or even Facebook?? 

I live in Taiwan have a very limited way to report them, best I can do is call my credit card company to ask them to look into the payment. Wish you good luck!

madpsychocat
Explorer

Update. Now 4 months and still my order can't be found so I still have no replacement. But and I quote "You have had and continue to have my apologies about this. Its totally unacceptable that we have taken so long to locate and replace your headset. " So please fix it....

I don't think it matters if they have it or not. 

They have confirmed they received my Quest2 over 2 months ago, but just get the same old lip service about how good my patience is, and it's being dealt with at the highest level. 

If you are in the UK, send me a message. I have a BBC Consumer Affairs program looking at my case and a very popular Tech magazine who are about to run an article of the sales over the holiday period who want examples of poor support from Oculus for existing customers. 

They have all my chat logs, so be prepared to forward them on if they contact you. 

They are shocked to see I've been refused a phone number, postal address or an escalation route to take my case forward all confirmed by a support agent. 

does any body have the info to Oculus legal? My device was shipped back for replacement and like everybody on this thread just lip service about weather delays. They are in violation of several warranty laws at this point. 

PappaD1
Protege

I have a similar issue, but with a new Quest2. I am sending in writing to Meta Platforms, Inc., ATTN: Oculus Arbitration Filing, 1601 Willow Road, Menlo Park, CA 94025. This appears to be the only way to handle things since they have my headset, but keep delaying on replacing it under warranty 

the_egg209
Expert Protege

This is Ridiculous I haven’t received my right side controller in close to a month I keep getting the runaround..