cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to Setup Realistic VR Setup

Mister.Riposte
Honored Guest

Hello as title suggests I want to make my VR experience the BEST and am willing to dish out the money necessary for it. So I want full body tracking, haptic feedback vest and a haptic feedback magtube. Sounds simple yeah? But here's the thing since I'm new to vr how would I do this? Also 1. I use the quest 2 hooked up to my PC via Oculus link so would that be used as oculus rift? And 2. Is there any setup needed if I wanted to play solely an Oculus game? (I use both oculus store and steam VR setup on steam VR seems easy from me messing around lol). If games are in question or extra setup I plan on playing Pavlov, onward, blade and sorcery, more games if I see anything interesting. Also do these games support hand tracking/ Is there anything hand tracking related out yet?

1 REPLY 1

ohgrant
Superstar

There is a new device I've been hearing good things about for lower body tracking. >DecaMove< > Here's a video. <for the details. 

For hand tracking there is >Leap Motion< It has been around for even longer than Oculus's touch controllers were introduced.  Only supported in Steam VR and not really supported by the game dev's.  I had the leap motion system, I was very impressed with how their hands tracked in their software, unfortunately never caught on in PCVR.  

You might want to check >this< out for ideas about haptic vests. 

Gigabyte  AB350 Ryzen 2700x, 32gb ddr 4 3200, 2080ti. HP Reverb G2, Index controllers, Quest 1 and 2x Quest 2. 65" 3DTV HD3D DLP projector.