cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty

Brev1112
Explorer

How does a multi billion dollar company have such horrible customer service and technical support in 2021?!

I purchased the quest 2 for my son in April.

5 months later we have a totally dead quest 2. Will not charge, turn on, reset, etc.

he was in the middle of a game and it just “died”.

contacted support right away - seemed helpful enough- though they made me dance around troubleshoot a device that is dead….

finalky they tell me “let it charge 2 hours and uninterrupted and if it doesn’t work send xxx, xxx, xxx etc for a label”

of course it doesn’t charge or turn on - like I already knew as I had already tried all these things….

so I go thru the hassle of sending in all my info, serial numbers (make sure you keep the box or note the serial number on it - as you will need jr along w the one on the device. 

get all the info sent it.

wait more days for a reply.

And the reply reads “thank you, after verifying warranty, we will review to see if more troubleshooting before discussing replacement options”

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!!

ive spent easily over $1500+ On the device and games…. And now I’m to wait to see if there is additional troubleshooting that we all know doesn’t exist BECAUSE THE DEVICE IS DEAD!!!? 

It’s not like I’m asking about a 2 year old unit. It’s not even 6 months old.

never again.

like ever.

id rather pay double or more and use another company.

I should have known better…. Given how one sided Facebook is….

but this…. This is a certain level of gross, that not many companies can accomplish.

apple had my watch troubleshot, checked for service and a replacement mailed in 3 days.

you can’t even get a response from Oculus in that time.

I am extremely vocal. I have a decent social media following of over 12k, and I plan to use it. I’m calling the attorney general, the BBB (though, they aren’t rated well anyways) and anyone else I can think of.

when someone, anyone, spends this kind of money - a certain level of service is expected with it.

and if you can’t provide that while outsourcing your work, then you need to reevaluate. (Talking to you Mr Zuckerburg).

Im sorry to anyone else dealing with these imaginary circles they make you dance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Brev1112, that sounds so frustrating and we're sorry for the trouble! We've checked in on your case to see what's going and are investigating what happened on our end to make improvements for the future. It looks like an agent just responded back to you yesterday to start with the replacement process.

We can't wait for you and your family to get back into VR and we hope to get the chance to show you better support in the future. 

DJayDead, let's remember to strive for kindness here, as respect for other members of this site is included in the Oculus Forum rules. Please remember civil debate is acceptable, but personal attacks on others is not permitted. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

DJayDead
Explorer

You spent 1500 on a quest 2.. first off.. how many games did you buy? Jeez. You also spent all this money so your spoiled kid could play videos games? That was your first mistake. Your only mistake really. And thinking that you and your “following” could do anything to keep Facebook from selling these things. Lmao. Good luck.

I replied once already but don’t see it… so…

1) My money is not really of concern to you- if is of concern to a company who treats its customers terribly.. I’ve purchased quite a few games - memberships- in game extras - accessories and so on….not that an explanation is due.

2) my “SPOILED KID” is also not your concern. You see- no where did I say the device was purchased only for him… nowhere did I say he’s the only one who plays… I simply said he was playing when the headset literally died. That’s it. The rest you fabricated to have a reason to argue and troll and take whatever issues it is hog have out on someone you don’t know.

3) even if I did spend MY MONEY on “MY SPOILED KID” that shouldn’t be of any issue to you. Did I ask you to pay for anything? Do we know one another?! 

4) my “spoiled kid” like many others has had to deal with a complete change to life and basically the loss of a lot with this plandemic. We also lost his father right before Xmas - combine those two and that’s quite a lot to ask a child to deal with. So if I chose to save MY MONEY and use it to provide entertainment and enjoyment to my “spoiled kid” and myself and so on…. There is NO MISTAKE. Are you also attacking all these posts in which they discuss buying 2-3 devices for their kids so they don’t need to share?! Or counting their pockets and telling them their “mistakes”?

you see… when I had my children I chose THEM over me. I chose to devote myself to raising well spoken, intelligent, capable, determined, well mannered human beings. I chose to not spend money “going out”, splurging on myself, dining out, etc… and rather I choose to save money for things that are really desired… and when I can - I get them. My daughter, after being born weighing a little more than one pound, just graduated with honors, my son pushed thru grief and confusion and excelled in his academics… so I chose to reward US ALL. So “MY SPOILED KID” has nothing more to do with this than simply being the one of us playing when it broke.

4) I never said a word about stopping Facebook from selling anything - again you added an entire narrative here that’s saying far more about you, than it is me.

I simply said I have a following and if I can make them aware if issues - it can allow them and those they then share it with to make different choices - for example: perhaps they’ll buy from another retailer who can offer then a better warranty and service.maybe it will save them the headache and trouble. Etc.

I sincerely hope you feel better.

well wishes 

DJayDead
Explorer

Feeling great. My Quest 2 is working beautifully and I couldn’t be happier with it. I hope you feel better after all that typing. Came off a little whiny in my opinion but you obviously don’t care what I think. Wait.. that was like 6 paragraphs. Wow. And you typed that out twice after you came back to check if I replied and didn’t see your comment. You need some friends in your life. Good luck with the spoiled kids. 

Brev1112, that sounds so frustrating and we're sorry for the trouble! We've checked in on your case to see what's going and are investigating what happened on our end to make improvements for the future. It looks like an agent just responded back to you yesterday to start with the replacement process.

We can't wait for you and your family to get back into VR and we hope to get the chance to show you better support in the future. 

DJayDead, let's remember to strive for kindness here, as respect for other members of this site is included in the Oculus Forum rules. Please remember civil debate is acceptable, but personal attacks on others is not permitted. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

You certainly give yourself a lot of credit. And clearly find joy in the frustration of others. 

I responded to the nonsense you fabricated - and I see not much has changed.

I’m not sure why it matters how much I chose to say… 

when someone chooses to personally attack not only me, but, MY CHILD(ren)… I have plenty to say. 

I am glad you’re device is working well and that you’re just simply here to harass people. I mean, that was clear from the start.

And clearly, it was clear to Oculus as well. 

again, I ask… are you also condemning others who purchase each kid a separate device? I’ve seen at least 5 posts like that….etc?!

You’re welcome to speak to me- at me - about me…. But continuing to demean my children(who aren’t remotely spoiled) is ridiculous and unnecessary.

I can’t imagine just being blatantly assumption, nasty, and condescending to a perfect stranger- because I don’t like their situation or their complaint to a COMPANY??!! 
tho, it explains perfectly why the country and the world are the way they are anymore.

so, again… I wish you well.

I won’t attack you back, or make any assumptions about you or your family…

I hope all continues just as well for you.

be nice to someone today. It can quite honestly make all the difference and possibly even save a life.

take care.

Thank You for the response and the assistance. The last agent you added to the case was actually helpful, so please ensure that he or she is given credit for being so. 
I didn’t see anywhere that I could provide feedback for the agent… so I wanted to ensue they do get credit for seeking a solution and responding in timely matters.

Good agents aren’t always easy to come by… and just as easy as it is to complain about the bad ones… I want to ensure the good ones are also recognized.

thank you again for the response 

😂 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂