cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We're Having Trouble Starting Oculus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I was 4 Weeks in vacancy, now the Oculus Rift doesn't start any more. Now I get the error message:
We're having trouble starting Oculus
Your Oculus software may be updating. Please wait a minute and try again.

Nothing was changed from my side.

7 REPLIES 7

cdvguo
Honored Guest
Same,Same

sford52
Heroic Explorer
A post by "Sterling77" in the thread  Having trouble starting Oculus . Your Oculus software may be updating.:
https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/67183/having-trouble-starting-oculus-your-oculus-so...
suggests
"Make sure you have Rift Core 2.0 checked as I think the roll out for Dash is in effect. All the older Oc Home stuff is causing major issues. I spent 6 hours trying to fix it - and all I should have done was check Rift Core 2.0 "

In addition, make sure you've temporarily disabled any AV,
and make sure you have enough space on your C drive (it serves as a temp staging area even if its not the final Oculus install drive)

ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

FJ4X420
Honored Guest
try this patch...
https://www.oculus.com/rift-patch/

dang did not work for me 😞

neddycgoon
Protege

sford52 said:
"Make sure you have Rift Core 2.0 checked as I think the roll out for Dash is in effect. All the older Oc Home stuff is causing major issues. I spent 6 hours trying to fix it - and all I should have done was check Rift Core 2.0"

Same issue here just got back from vacation as well....My question for sford52 is how do I check Rift Core 2.0 if I cant open Oculus?.....Ive been using the Beta version of Rift Core 2.0 for a while now.

sford52
Heroic Explorer

Same issue here just got back from vacation as well....My question for sford52 is how do I check Rift Core 2.0 if I cant open Oculus?.....Ive been using the Beta version of Rift Core 2.0 for a while now.

Thats a good question, I dont know. 
In the mean time have you tried:
temporarily disabled any AV?
made sure you have enough space on your C drive?
Confirm the OVR runtime service and OVR Library service are running?
made sure your drivers are all updated?
Run a repair with Oculus ? (I dont know how to do that either, but I've seen it suggested by other users)
The other abnormal curses...
unplug all the VR stuff, roboot, shut down, replug, reboot
submit ticket to Oculus

ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS-AH73 17.3" Laptop.  I7-7700HQ, GTX1070, 12 GB DDR4 RAM, 500 EVO 970 GB SSD, VS 2017, Oculus rift, Windows 10 home

kolopsych
Honored Guest
For me it was 3 days of not using it, and I get the error too.
If Oculus hasn't been in use for the last few days, can't see how it would be in an update.
I've shutdown the computer, pulled the power cord, because I can still see that orange light on the Rift.
- Didn't work.
I'm now uninstalling the oculus software and reinstalling. The initial setup seemed to have some diagnostics concerning the various pieces of hardware. I'll let you know if it works.

kolopsych
Honored Guest
Uninstalling and re-rerunning the installer worked. Didn't even have to go through setup.