cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird USB Issue with Windows 10 + 970 + 0.8

SCDarky
Honored Guest
I'm having a little problem with my DK2 on Windows 10. I upgraded to it yesterday, and everything was still working fine the day before. Basically when I press the Power On Button nothing happens while the Utility it says "HMD powered off, check HDMI connection". I can fix it when I unplug the Oculus USB and reconnect it, then I can turn on the Rift and use it just fine.

Do you have any advice that might spare me from crawling behind my PC to use the Rift all the time to reconnect the USB? I already tried to turn off USB selective suspend from the Power Settings and updated my USB Chipset Drivers.

On a related note: Will the consumer have a longer USB and HDMI cable? I wouldn't mind the reconnecting the USB if I could attach it all to my Front Panel USB, but the lengths on the DK2 don't have enough reach to use it like that.
5 REPLIES 5

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you provide the first two log files from here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=23521
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

SCDarky
Honored Guest
Sure, I've attached them to this post

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you try replacing the USB cable?

It definitely seems to be USB related (the device is being continuously connected and disconnected in the log file).

It can also be HDMI related, so try replacing that cable too.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

SCDarky
Honored Guest
Unfortunately I don't have the correct replacement cables right now. To clarify, you propose to use the Tracker directly on the HMD in order to do this replacement? Since I don't see another way to do it, because there is too much fused into the Syncbox (will this change? I hope so). It appears a replacement would end up with several loose cables to balance that get in the way during Development Use. I'd rather keep doing the reconnect trick since it seems stable enough once I get it powered on. Is it not possible to get replacement for the entire Syncbox+Cables shipped to Germany? I bought my DK2 directly from Oculus last year. I'd much prefer that. Who could I get in touch with to get that going?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, you can contact Oculus Support and see about getting a replacement cable.