cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to manage 30 Quest2's and their account?

henny7555
Honored Guest
Hello all, our center bought 30 Quest2. Groups of students will use them for education purpose.
To begin the VR experience, we notice Quest2 must require a real Facebook account. So here are our questions:

1. What is the best and fastest way in our situation for manage facebook & Oculus account with 30 headset? 

2. Any example on how's other school handle headset's accounts like in our case? 

3. Do we need 30 Facebook account or only 1 Facebook account? which one is better?

4. Staff are slightly not allow to link our real personal FB account to the headset, which mean we are going to sign up a new account. However, it require mobile phone and personal information, which is fine but I am not sure if this is the best way is our case.

Hope I will get an answer. Thank you all for reading.
4 REPLIES 4

Jahadeem
Honored Guest

I wonder if you can somehow use Workplace for Facebook for it, see https://www.workplace.com

If not it would be something good to mention to Facebook. Give them some ideas they might like if they are smart enough to think about it.

kojack
MVP
MVP

You definitely don't want staff using their personal Facebook accounts. The Quest 2's browser auto logs in to Facebook without needing a password (since you are already logged in to Facebook to use the headset) and you can't stop it (as far as I've tested), so the students would have full access to the staff member's Facebook page and Messenger.

The best solution is to get the Business edition of the Quest 2. It has no Facebook account requirement and is intended for multiple units to be managed together. Sadly it costs $799 each, double the price of the normal Quest 2, and has a yearly subscription fee too.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

flappyise
Honored Guest

Any solution? 

I am in contact with support at the moment, the person on the chat had to also pass it on because she did not have a solution. 

I tried making a bunch of facebook accounts (I know against policy, but you do not want to waste the equipment for not being able to use them), but facebook keeps on kicking me out, cause they probably realized I am not using FB as I should. 

knes.628255
Honored Guest

If you have concerns about linking personal Facebook accounts to the headsets, creating a separate account for the educational center is a suitable approach. Just make sure to manage the privacy settings and access to the account properly. Besides this I wish you good luck with the courses you are going to create, by the way I use this source https://phdessay.com/essay-type/descriptive/ to make the writings descriptive and maximally clear for the reader, it really helps me a lot and I manage to reach the ears of students much easier, I recommend you to try. Moreover you can try to look for tips on the internet how to create these courses easier, because there are a lot of techniques how to optimize them and make them better/more enjoyable. I think this really has a big influence, because this is how you will interact with students. Good luck!