cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the deal between oculus and windows 11?

MyVR_Quest
Explorer

Hello all,

I would love to know what is Oculus business strategy regarding windows 11. They clearly had the time to update it to work correctly and so far they ignored all their customers. I started to suspect that their business model is to force quest 2 obsolescence with Windows 11, but the plans were not according to the expected since the new oculus version got delayed by the market.

For oculus management: shame on you! Personally I was avoiding to buy oculus for this exact reason but someone gave me as a gift.  Now I have a rock that only serves to heat my face! Even when I do not want to lose hope,  I try to have the latest software versions via PTC: not possible. Then they release the version v41 to the public: my device does not detect the new release, I tried all possible manipulations.

I don't know you guys, but this has been the worst customer experience I had with an electronic device in all my life.

Shame on you!

5 REPLIES 5

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Q: "What is the deal between oculus and windows 11?"

A: There's no deal. Do not upgrade to Win11 before Win11 stands as supported here: 

https://store.facebook.com/en-gb/help/quest/articles/headsets-and-accessories/oculus-link/oculus-lin...

Again, Meta - and not the users - decide which os and hardware to use. I'd never use an os or use a gpu or cpu not fully supported by Meta - VR is the most important use of my rig. When it comes to my PC, nothing is more important to me than fully functional VR. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

MyVR_Quest
Explorer

Sure, good for you. I am glad that you can function like this. In my case,  if I had to revolve my computer to just my gaming gear I would by a video-game instead of a PC.

I still believe that oculus will launch W11 capabilities as a feature for the next model of quest (nice business for Mark)

For me, I will be forced to sell equipment that are not up to date to latest operational systems...

Fully agree if you only have one rig that Meta and Valve being behind may be a problem 

I have several rigs and laptops, I don't use the VR rig with the RTX 3090 for anything but VR - I have not even installed Office on that rig. 

Having been using Oculus VR since 2017 I've learned to follow their rules for constantly getting the optimal VR experience. So I'm no blind fanboy, just letting you know what will work best if you want the best possible VR experience.

I did not even buy the RTX 3090 until I was totally sure the card was fully supported for my Rift CV1. I don't take chances with VR. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

trek554
Adventurer

They are a pathetic company that gives zero **bleep**s about their pc vr customers.  Not only is Windows 11 still not supported, they dont even have support for some hardware that has been out for 6 months.  They spend more time focusing on diversity and getting everyone's pronouns correct than actually addressing problems. 

WIN 11 | 13700KF | MSI MPG Z790 CARBON WIFI | G.SKILL 64GB 6400MHZ CL32 | GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | SEASONIC FOCUS GX-1000

If that ain't no **bleep**. I have only seen 2 or 3 comments back from the developers on this thread with all the many comments, complaints, and they dont even answer simple questions. Get your **bleep** together and take the advise of  your **bleep** customer base. This **bleep** isn't cheap step it up. 

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?