cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I connect with my PC all I get is darkness and audio

Ender_Gourdon
Explorer

If I try and use any games on my PC while connected with a cable nothing happens besides audio and a black area. I can still move outside of my boundary that I set but that's it. Please help I spent money on games for VR and can't play them here

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I actually booted it up today and it works fine! I guess it just needed time. It might've been low battery but I can't remember. Thank goodness!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ender_Gourdon
Explorer

Also it worked for a bit when I first got it so IDK why it's not working now

Hey Ender_Gourdon! Let's look into this and get Link up and running for you again!

We'd like you to check your PC against THESE specs to ensure it's fully compatible with Link, as well as checking your cable is the official Oculus Link cable, or at least meets the requirements listed on the Link cable store page. You should also ensure your Oculus drivers and graphics card drivers are fully up to date.

After checking those things, here are some more things you can do:

• Repair the Oculus PC app by following THESE instructions
  • Confirm your USB power settings:
    • Open Device Manager.
    • Locate your USB ports - Expand the universal serial bus controller section at the bottom of the list. Look for the "USB 3.0/3.1/3.10 eXtensible" items.
    • Right click and select Properties.
    • Navigate to Power Management.
    • Ensure that the options to save power are deselected.
  • Check for Selective Suspending
    • Right-click Start
    • Click Power Options
    • Click Additional Power Settings
    • Click Change plan settings
    • Click Change Advanced Power Settings
    • Find USB Settings
    • Make sure that Selective Suspend Setting is set to Disabled, and not Enabled.
  • Ensure your Link graphics settings are set to default:
    • Open the Oculus app on your Computer.
    • Click Devices on the left side of the app.
    • Click Quest and Touch.
    • Click Graphics Preferences.
    • Click Reset to default.
    • Click Save and Restart

If those steps don't get Link working for you, please collect logs by following THESE instructions, then attach the resulting ZIP file to a email support ticket you can file HERE. There, our support experts will help you enjoy your hard-earned PCVR games once again. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I actually booted it up today and it works fine! I guess it just needed time. It might've been low battery but I can't remember. Thank goodness!

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?