cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When ever I use my head set with glasses nothing shows up on the screen

LucasForces
Honored Guest

Hey, I have been having this problem since I got the rift s where every time I wear the headset with my glasses on nothing shows up and the screen stays pitch black as if I were not wearing the headset but when I use the headset without glasses everything works as normal. So is there some type of eye detection thing that wakes the head set up when you wear it that I can turn off or something like that but if anyone has a solution it would be highly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

kojack
MVP
MVP

@LucasForces wrote:

So is there some type of eye detection thing that wakes the head set up when you wear it

Yep, all consumer Oculus headsets have a proximity sensor to detect you wearing it.

If you look between the lenses, right in the centre, the Rift-S has a little glossy black oval. This is an IR sensor. If anything gets close enough to it, the headset turns on.

If you put something on there (bit of tape or something), it will hold the headset on (not wise to do that when not worn, it could cause image retention on the panel if left for long periods).

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! There are a multitude of potential causes for this issue, and we're happy to look further into them with you. Can you please click here to submit a ticket and include your Oculus Diagnostics Logs? Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

kojack
MVP
MVP

@LucasForces wrote:

So is there some type of eye detection thing that wakes the head set up when you wear it

Yep, all consumer Oculus headsets have a proximity sensor to detect you wearing it.

If you look between the lenses, right in the centre, the Rift-S has a little glossy black oval. This is an IR sensor. If anything gets close enough to it, the headset turns on.

If you put something on there (bit of tape or something), it will hold the headset on (not wise to do that when not worn, it could cause image retention on the panel if left for long periods).

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

thx it worked