cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

White dot at the top left Quest 2

tonyG_8
Honored Guest

I got my Quest 2 around 3 weeks ago and I cant figure out why this could be happening. I noticed it 2 days ago, only when my screen was black (loading, out of bounds). When I close my left I I can't see it, nor when I close my right eye. My headset has never been exposed to direct sunlight, lenses only cleared with a microfiber cloth, no liquid. When I'm playing games I can't see it, so I assume it's not a dead pixel. I have absolutely no idea.

2 REPLIES 2

Banana4Bananas
Heroic Explorer

A white pixel is a stuck pixel, burned panel from sunlight would be redish in color and black would be a dead pixel. 

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey tonyG_8! Much like Banana4Bananas said, it's more than likely a stuck pixel. When playing games, there's a lot of color flying around, so it's natural you wouldn't be able to notice it. However, for normal system browsing, since the UI is typically dark, it can definitely get annoying pretty fast! Let's evaluate our options and see what we can do for you!

To start, if you haven't already, you should try rebooting your headset. This usually fixes most issues with the headset and is the easiest to start with.

Odds are, you've probably already tried this, so we may have to attempt something a little more thorough. In this case, a factory reset will more than likely do the trick. A factory reset will wipe the device back to its default settings, and you'll need to re-setup the device through the mobile app. Any content purchased on the headset will be available for download in your library after setting up the headset, and logging in. A factory reset also entails deleting data, so you may need to enable the Cloud Backup feature under Settings > System > Backup > Toggle Cloud Backup on (if it's not already). Once enabled, you need to plug in your charger to your headset from the wall. Do not plug into the Elite Strap battery pack, as this will not backup your data.

Still seeing that eyesore of a pixel? Please open up a ticket through our support channel, so that we can investigate a little bit further!

When you open up the ticket, be sure to reference this post, include a description of your issue, and provide a picture of the screen. We'll reach back out to you as soon as we can!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!