cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I add a payment method to my account?

T-I-X
Explorer
Let me preface this by saying that 17 days ago everything was working fine when I added my credit card and purchased a game with no problems at all. when I logged on today and I saw GORN had been added to the shod and I went to buy it, my previously entered credit card information had been removed and i was prompted to add a payment method to my account. The problem is every time I hit save I get the message " Error adding payment method. Please check your credit card info." and I know for a fact I am entering the information correctly. I have attempted to add the payment method through both the browser and the Oculus app on my desktop. Any help in resolving this problem would be greatly appreciated,Thanks. 🙂
15 REPLIES 15

cybereality
Grand Champion
Please submit a ticket here: https://support.oculus.com/
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

T-I-X
Explorer
Done

Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you get this sorted. My account has done the same and I am unable to purchase anything. Support are next to useless and are not sorting this out for me

RushZone75
Honored Guest
I've been trying to add a payment method to my account for hours. I've even talked to a support person and zero of his suggestions helped it still wont work for my quest.

Nikki20Sixx
Honored Guest
been having this issue for a week. it takes paypal info but then gives me a message about suspicious activity on my account so payments disabled. 

ducksinlove0028
Honored Guest
I have been having this same problem.  What's going on?  I've tried several cards, and I keep seeing "There was an error trying to add your payment method."  ALL of my cards don't work here?

Coldwave89
Explorer
So... seems like I'll never get my oculus rift s as my country doesn't have a shop.. Am I simply "blacklisted" as customer? They don't want my money? wtf?

weihaishen
Explorer
I encountered the same issue and was resolved eventually.  One week ago, I tried to buy a new game on oculus quest, I found I cannot add my credit card anymore(I used to add this credit card and removed this later), I asked support person online, blabla, he talked a lot, nothing useful at all. Then I submitted a ticket, the supporter response one of the finanical institutions reported abuse or stolen for my credit card, in fact, it's impossible, after that, they never replied to me at all, even I urged them through the emails several times. This morning, I tried to login in my account, I'm surprised to find the Facebook help me add my previous credit card information.  So weird !!!

weihaishen
Explorer

So... seems like I'll never get my oculus rift s as my country doesn't have a shop.. Am I simply "blacklisted" as customer? They don't want my money? wtf?

Facebook did not care about your pitful money :'(
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?