cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why did you steal $223.67 from me Oculus?

Xaber.Rebax
Explorer

I have never dealt with such a horrible company in my 45 years of life.

I will skip all the commonly known issues of lack of support, contact options, device not being Windows 11 compatible, not clearly posting the incompatibility, and skip to the returning of the Oculus Quest 2.

Step 1: Fill out return/refund request.

Step 2: Print RMA and declared value info from Oculus/Meta/Facebook (Pick a name would ya?)

Step 3: THIS IS WHERE I SHOULD GET MY $323.67 BACK IN MY BANK RIGHT?

Someone at FedEx, which Oculus chose as their shipping for the return, stole the device. I had to file a claim with FedEx, which Oculus should be responsible for, and they state Oculus did not declare the value of the device on the return and they are only liable for $100. FedEx is now sending me a check for $100 and I have lost $223.67 just for trying out your piece of junk.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Xaber.Rebax
Explorer

Contacting them did nothing. I filed a complaint with the BBB and was refunded. If this happens to someone else and Oculus does not change its policies have them file a complaint, apparently, this woke someone up.

They need to change their policy to ensure return shipments are insured for the cost of the device and train employees on how to handle this. This will be the last time I do business with this company under any name.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Xaber.Rebax
Explorer

P.S. I am the type of person to file complaints with the BBB and government regulatory sites as well as a social media producer. I may only reach 10-12,000 people but I am going to make sure others know of this.

Xaber.Rebax
Explorer

Contacting them did nothing. I filed a complaint with the BBB and was refunded. If this happens to someone else and Oculus does not change its policies have them file a complaint, apparently, this woke someone up.

They need to change their policy to ensure return shipments are insured for the cost of the device and train employees on how to handle this. This will be the last time I do business with this company under any name.