cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will there ever be oculus quest 2 link compatibility for the AMD 300 series of GPU's?

Ligerboy
Honored Guest

I was incredibly excited to purchase the Oculus Quest 2 and love the technology behind it, and even went as far as pre purchasing a ton of VR games on my PC. Sadly I found out after purchasing the Quest 2 that I was unable to play any of the games I had already paid for because my GPU was not supported 😞 I am wondering if there will ever be an update to drivers or some software which will enable me to use oculus link with my GPU. For reference I have an AMD R9 390, so it's not necessarily for lack of power or inability to do things as it seems to be a powerful card that can run most games on high settings with decent frame rates, just a lack of compatibility software. I am wondering if this is something in development or I just need to accept that I will need to buy a new GPU/downgrade to a compatible one as all GPU prices are sky high due to crypto mining.

2 REPLIES 2

EHC_Creutz
Honored Guest

Yeah i have the exact same problem  my screen just has the 3 loading dots.

I wouldn't hold your breath for AMD 300 support. On the odd occasions that Meta grudgingly add GPUs to the supported list, they are always newer ones, not older. Your GPU was released in 2015 which, in GPU years, is prehistoric.