cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Win10 oculusSetup FAIL!! can't connect to server (Oculus quest2+link) FIXED!

Zozotheburgermonster
Honored Guest
Hi guys, really suffer from this
Before 11/20/2020 all things works great, I can play quest2 with a link on my PC, steam VR
after I request Asgarth wrath from oculus team, everything going crazy, at the end I was trying to reinstalled oculus software with Oculussetup.exe

And I also dig many solutions and try it, but it still doesn't work!

What I tried:
- Open the command window by pressing the Windows button and typing "cmd" and press Enter..
- Type "C:" and press enter. When you are typing, don't use quotes (just type what's in between the quotes).
- Type "CD/" and press enter.
- Type "OculusSetup.exe /bypassHotfixCheck" and press enter. (somebody worked but not me)
4.make sure I have at least 400 GB in my C drive
5.contact oculus support team and submit ticket (still working on)
6.make sure my link cable is not broken, btw I can still play games on quest2 without link to PC, just lost the function to connect to PC
7. Using a cable to connect to the internet
  & using Wifi to connect to the internet
8. restore Windows to an earlier stage 
9.restart my PC many times

All of this not working

Any suggestions?

A video for checking my problem (1:30s shows the problem):
(add HTTP here)://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFSuhiXXEUE&ab_channel=ZOHAN-%E4%BD%90%E4%BD%90

My PC set:
intel i9-9900k| 4 2666MHz 16G memory(Total 64G)| 1TB SSD for C drive| Samsung SSD970 PRO 512GB for H drive |Samsung 970 SCSI 2TB for X drive
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX1080Ti| NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080Ti| 1000W power supply | intel(R) Ethernet connection| 
3 REPLIES 3

TheeDivineK9
Honored Guest
I'm in the exact same situation! I was able to play Rift games on steam VR through Oculus Link, requested and received Asgard's Wrath, and am now unable to connect. Did you find a solution?

Zozotheburgermonster
Honored Guest
@TheeDivineK9
yes man, I found it!
The reason is 
KERNELBASE.dll is broken, this file is located in system32 in C drive
don't try to replace it or delete it, your PC will break!

Fortunately, Windows have a great tool to fix the broken .dll files.
Follow these steps:

Fix: Run System File Checker

If some of your system files are corrupted, your program may also crash with the KernelBase.dll error. In this case, running System File Checker may help you resolve this issue. System File Checker can scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. Here is how to do it:

1) On your keyboard, press the Windows Logo Key and R at the same time to open the Run dialog. Type cmd and then press Ctrl, Shift, and Enter on your keyboard at the same time to run the Command Prompt as administrator. You will be prompted for permission. Click Yes to run the Command Prompt.

2) On your keyboard, type the command below and press Enter. If your current operating system is Windows 7, please skip this step.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

When this command operation is completed, close the Command Prompt. If this fix works, your program won’t crash with the KernelBase.dll error.

It may take several minutes for this command operation to be completed.

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3) When the command operation is completed, on your keyboard, type the following command and press Enter.

sfc /scannow

________________________________________________________________________________________

after doing this and restart the PC, run again OculusSetup.exe and hit repair!
you will find there's no longer have "Can't connect" issue! and everything works well!
Hope you will work!

I like this solution because it is a good solution for a lot of Windows 10 problems and can't ever cause harm. I fixed a seriously broken Windows Update problem by using this solution. But.. this didn't work for my Oculus app issues. I just wanted to note that here for others searching for a working solution that this is good, but doesn't necessarily fix the problem.