cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot. Doesn't appear or remains "Saved"

powaqqi
Level 2

Since I purchased my Oculus Quest 1, I've always connected it to the Internet through a Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot setup because my router is way too far from my gaming space.

But for 2 days now, my Quest can't connect to any Windows 10 Mobile Hotspots I create (I tried with my desktop PC wich has a wired connection and with my Surface wich has a wi fi 5 connection). Sometimes it finds it, but when i try to connect to it, nothing happens and it just stays "Saved".

Only the Quest has any problem with that network by the way, and only Mobile Hotspots are problematic (regular WiFi networks work fine).

I got the brand new drivers for my wifi card (Intel(R) Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz), I restored the network settings of my Quest through the Android interface, nothing works.

What can I do? It's so frustrating because it neaver happened before and i don't find any solutions anywhere. Do I have to factory reset my quest?

Thanks to anybody who can help me!

Setup

5 REPLIES 5

powaqqi
Level 2

Hi, does anyone has an idea on what I should do?

leon.vanriesen
Level 2

Hi, any luck with fixing this issue? I am facing the same problem.

Hi! Still no fix for the moment. I've found another boring solution at home (just playing next to my router, duh), but if a fix is ever found that would be great! Have you contacted them with this problem?

powaqqi
Level 2

Just adding a little information to the description of the problem.

The 2.4ghz Mobile Hotspot works fine.

The problem is with the 5 ghz Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot (wich is so important for a fluid Virtual Desktop gaming session).

leon.vanriesen
Level 2

Hi, thanks for the reply! Yes, I contacted support. They first sent me the link to the page with instructions of how to connect to the wifi, obviously that didn't help. They then asked me to do a reset, unfortunately, that was also not helpful. Now they offer me a replacement. I am not sure if that will solve it but I will let you know...