cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 Link Problems Thread (with solutions) removed

Torg20
Level 3

"Oculus Quest 2 Windows 11 Performance. can never hit maximum FPS with link cable."

Hi Oculus, could we get some transparency as to why the thread above (nearly 50 pages long) was nuked today?  The problems it described still exist and community members offered a variety of solutions there that were working for people.  Yet entering the URL to that post now gives an ominous "Access Denied" message. 

https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/Support/Oculus-Quest-2-Windows-11-Performance-can-never-hit-maximum-F...

I don't want to assume this is about deflecting from your inability to address the problem yourselves for the better part of a year, but quietly erasing such an active troubleshooting thread without any sort of announcement or explanation is even more disturbing and supremely disappointing.  Please restore the thread or provide an explanation.

6 REPLIES 6

madTeddy
Level 3

It all started by deleting comments with a link to win11fix (which by the way helped me too and it is not a virus).

Assuming that's against the rules (though I can't imagine why linking to a 3rd party tool would be), that would at most explain removing the allegedly offending comment(s), not killing the entire 50 page thread--unless they already wanted to anyway.  There's definitely more going on behind this decision.  

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

Wishful thinking but maybe Meta is finally about to release win11 compatibility and don't want users mucking around with fixes that can often brick systems.  Who knows?

i9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

trek554
Level 6

So is the Air Bridge thingy supposed to be the remedy for this? 

Win 11 Pro | i9 9900KF | MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC | RTX 3080 Ti | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200 CL14 | Samsung Evo 860 4TB SSD

No, pretty sure Air Bridge is meant to help improve Air Link connection issues that some seem to have.  Maybe it will also improve wireless bitrates.  Who knows?

i9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

trek554
Level 6

https://uploadvr.com/windows-11-air-link-fix-carmack/

Win 11 Pro | i9 9900KF | MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC | RTX 3080 Ti | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200 CL14 | Samsung Evo 860 4TB SSD