cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 Support for Oculus App - When is it coming?

thealexsmith
Explorer

When is Facebook/meta/Oculus planning on releasing Windows 11 support for the Oculus App on Windows? Windows 11 went RTM in June 2021 and went to GA in October of 2021. It's almost the end of January 2022 and there are no details or even a reasonable timeline available to customers.

Personally, its not a very good look that the leader of VR on the PC is not properly supporting the version of Windows that is currently shipping on new PCs, including gaming PCs which are used by the primary userbase of the Oculus PC App.

This lack of support or clarity around Windows 11 is very frustrating. I think it's only fair that customers are provided with some clarity and transparency on the delay here along with an idea of an ETA for a fix.

1 REPLY 1

thealexsmith
Explorer

I find it very frustrating that Oculus STILL isn't able to function properly on Windows 11 v21H2. Windows 11 v21H2 went to full public release almost 4 months ago and was released to developers (hardware and software) almost 9 months ago. It's also frustrating there has been little to no official response on the subject.

As a user and a professional that works in a software development field, what can I and others do to help move this forward or get some transparency on why there is such a giant delay?