cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 performance issues

Vaultboy67
Honored Guest

so in windows 11, i can boot up oculus BUT when playing the screen will tear and render the next and previous frame together and it looks like its stuck at 72hz when having 120hz enabled, my pc specs are: Ryzen 5 1600AF Nvidia GTX 1080 FTW 16gb ddr4 3200mhz and installed on a SSD, if you know how to fix I would appreciate if you can help.

5 REPLIES 5

Vaultboy67
Honored Guest

*FIX* so if you have windows insider like i do and you are in the Dev part of insider, change it to Beta tester and once its downloaded, restart your computer and then enjoy oculus on a better gaming experience!

Sorry but I do not see any reason(s) to go to win11 right now.  Maybe I'm missing the logic of doing this?  Thanks.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

For testing. That's the only reason Microsoft has it available, and largely the only reason consumers should be messing with it. This report about Oculus being broken on W11 is exactly why it's a good thing it's available; it allows people to test out their software that they're familiar with, and report any abnormal behavior, ideally in hopes that said software will be fixed before W11's general availability release.

Quest 2 | 2700X | 6600 XT

Espionage724
Expert Protege

Back on 21996, I found that Oculus Link would become a stuttery mess after exactly 25 seconds. With 22000, Oculus Link was always a stuttery mess. I found no fix for this nor could I see any real reason for it, but this seemingly didn't happen with Virtual Desktop on 21996.

I have a RX 580. This happened with both the preview WDDM 3.0 drivers, and I think 21.6.1 from AMD (official WDDM 2.7 drivers). Outside of Virtual Desktop, I didn't test if any other non-VR games or any other GPU encoding software had any problems.

Quest 2 | 2700X | 6600 XT

U sure this works?