cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows crashs with Runtime 0.8

leedoctorz
Level 2
Hi,
I recently upgraded my Oculus Runtime to 0.8, as well as Nvidia driver (Windows7, i5-4570, gtx970, driver version 358.78).
Once I start oculus demos or games, the computer crashs and shows a blue screen a moment, and reboots.
I uninstalled the drivers and installed again, but didn't work.

Anyone with same experience here?
6 REPLIES 6

cybereality
Level 15
Can you provide these log files? viewtopic.php?f=34&t=23521
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Rawbdiel
Level 2
I have a similar problem, I get the blue screen with an APC index mismatch message. I tried older video card drivers and sometimes it would work but I would get other problems too.

leedoctorz
Level 2
Thanks!
I tried Runtime 0.7, but it did not help, either.
Here I attach the log files.

cybereality
Level 15
Your computer looks like it should be supported. I'm not sure why it would crash.

Can you get me the full crash dump? This file will be very large, so you'll have to find somewhere to host the file.

Right-click the Windows icon (or My Computer) and choose System.

Then click Advanced System Settings. Deselect "Automatically Restart" and choose "Complete Memory Dump".

Fig3_Win7 Mysteries.gif

You'll need to set this registry value if you don't see the Complete Memory Dump option.

\HKLM\System\CCS\Control\ CrashControl\CrashDumpEnabled DWORD value to 1

Also, I wouldn't mind a photo of the crash screen. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

plehmann1
Level 2
Any Reply ?? logs/dumps uploaded and nothing of a reply....

suffering this and about to give up.......... :!: :?: :evil: :shock: 😞

cybereality
Level 15
@plehmann1: You only have 1 post, and it's the one above. Where did you post those log files?

Maybe post them in this thread and I can take a look.