cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workrooms: Not eligible for account FB related problem

guppydriver518
Explorer

I'm trying to setup and use Workrooms.  I repeatedly receive the message, Not eligible due FB account not in good standing.  This is not true.  Seems others are having this issue as well.  Any help would be appreciated.

/r,

B

17 REPLIES 17

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Oculus Support. We understand how important it is to get connected in order to use Workrooms.

Here at Oculus Support, we help with questions, ordering/shipping, and troubleshooting of Oculus products. While we don't have any specific tools to assist in these types of matters, we would be more than happy to help point you in the direction and share some helpful resources.

The Facebook Help Center is a great place to find answers and resolutions for Facebook specific issues.

This article: How do I recover an old Facebook account I can't log into?, will guide you through recovering your Facebook account.

If you are still unable to create a Workrooms team at this time, we recommend having someone who has already created a team invite you to join.

At the time, the information above would be the extent of the support we can offer to help get your account recovered. We do wish you the best!

If you have any other Oculus related questions in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us and we'll more than happy to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

This answer didn't help at all.  

1) My FB account is alive and well, so that's not it.

2) Reading the forums, I see this a common problem, with no good fix.  

It looks like Workrooms has huge potential, but if so many people are having this issue then I suggest you fix it, to enlarge the usage.   

Hey there, thank you for getting back to us. Normally the above answer does cover the bases if your account had been having issues. 

Let's see what else we can look at to try to get to the bottom of this. When you tried to set up your account, did you use the same Facebook email associated with your Oculus account? 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

No.  The Oculus headset is registered to my son's FB account which is brand new and was created just to purchase the Oculus.  He is 14.  So that may be the problem.

Ah, okay thanks for getting back to us! Workrooms does require users to be older than 18 and will be asked to confirm their age before they can join a meeting.

We think that is the root of the issue, which we know is less than ideal, but we hope this clears things up a bit.

This is not the root cause of the issue.   When I try to access workrooms via desktop, it says the same thing.  Seems my account at FB is not in good standing.  Curious since I don't have any violations and have never been in "FB Jail".  This is a problem with your company's insistence with linking Oculus and Apps to FB.  I'm far from alone in this opinion.  After reviewing the forums both here and other places, it seems many people have been denied access based on FB's political views.  So much for collaboration and tolerance, where FB is the soul arbiter of what is "correct" thought.  Please forward this post to your superiors.  This is not how things are supposed to work in a free society, where diversity of thought and opinion are valued and what is "right or wrong" is not determined by a select few but in the marketplace of ideas.  Ideas from a free-thinking body politic.   Sad state of affairs.

JTDodge
Explorer

I am frustrated that I can't use workrooms. I am above 18, I have a fb account in good standing. What gives? Very disappointing that i seem to read about this issue in many locations online.

caroline.fleming.961
Honored Guest

I am experiencing the same problem....This must be fixed URGENTLY, Many people are experiencing the same problem...Seems Meta is a serious flop at this stage...Not impressed...

Hello Caroline, thank you for reaching out! We noticed that you are experiencing trouble with trying to access Horizon Workrooms. We understand that you are ready to get into the VR experience. We're here to help! 

Here are few steps below you can try out for logging in Horizon:

• Try logging into your Facebook account on desktop or mobile.
  • If you're having difficulties logging into your Facebook account on mobile and desktop, please see Facebook's Troubleshooting Guide for login issues here.
  • If you're able to login to your Facebook account successfully on mobile or desktop, try logging into your account again while in VR or on the Oculus mobile app.

Hope this information is helpful. Thanks! 🙂