cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workrooms: Oculus Remote Desktop app not connecting to headset

reekotubbs
Explorer

I created my Workrooms on my Windows PC. I installed the Oculus Remote Desktop app on both my Windows 11 laptop and Windows 10 PC. I am able to log into both desktop applications without any issues and able to log into the Oculus Quest 2 Horizon Workroom application. Even though all of my devices are on the same network, my headset does not appear as a device in either desktop application. My desktop app is v1.0.

11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here!

davidkeane.aus
Explorer

I think this is happening for a bunch of us - im using a M1 Mac and same issues - v1.1 of Remote Desktop app - in the headset it flashes 'looking for computers' for less than a second but nothing is found 

I tried everything - reinstall, log out, restart..same problem 

hope they can find a solution as this is a necessary capability for Workrooms IMHO 

Hi there, David!

I see you're having some problems with Workrooms. No worries, I can help you with that!

•  Are your drivers and graphics card up to date? If you're not sure, here is a link on how to do that!
  • Does your PC meet the Oculus Rift minimum requirements and system recommendations? You can find that here.
  • Also, how is your headset connected? I just want to double check that the headset and primary monitor are connected to the same video card.

Please let us know if these work out for you. We're here to help!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

davidkeane.aus
Explorer
Thanks for the note 

Im using a MacBook Pro 13 inch with the M1 chip running the latest macOS

The problem I get is that in Workrooms when I select the Computers button it comes up with a panel where at the bottom every few seconds it flashes up ‘looking for computers’ but then that goes away in less than 1 second….and on the Remote Desktop app I get

"open Workrooms on your headset to connect"

it cant find the device although im connected in Workrooms and can join rooms etc

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 5.00.22 PM.png

It never gets further

Im using v1.1 of the Mac Oculuc Desktop app and it is connected to the internet and the Workroom but cant find computers

Hoping you can help as this is a key feature for us 

Thanks 

I see! Thank you for providing a picture for us, so that we can better assist you.

If you have an Apple computer with an M1 chip and are having trouble using your computer in VR, please download and install the latest version of Oculus Remote Desktop for macOS.

To use your computer in VR in Workrooms, you’ll need to first download and install Oculus Remote Desktop for macOS (Big Sur and Catalina) or Windows 10. Oculus Remote Desktop lets you pair your computer to your Oculus headset, streaming what is on your computer screen into VR.

You’ll be prompted to download Oculus Remote Desktop after you create your Workrooms account. You can also download it from Settings in the Workrooms web app, or from the links below:

To use your computer in VR with Workrooms:

1. From your computer, open Oculus Remote Desktop and log in with your Workrooms account.
  2. From your Oculus headset, open the Workrooms app.
  3. Once you’re in Workrooms, select  Computer from the workroom menu.
  4. Hover over your computer and select Connect. This will open an Oculus Remote Desktop Streaming Request on your computer.
  5. From your computer, press Enter on your keyboard or click Confirm on the Oculus Remote Desktop Streaming Request.

Looking forward to hearing if this helps!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Here is my screenshot for the same problem...workrooms 1.pngworkrooms 2.pngCan you help resolve this?

andrewP777
Protege

I am using windows 10 and a Radeon RX550.  Does it support my graphics card?

This doesn't work at all. "No available devices."

One of your colleagues told another discussion on Thursday that a new version of 1.1 that addressed this problem was coming out. Is this correct? The version you linked to in your post is not anything new. 

It would be good if Oculus Support could avoid just giving us what's on the website when there's a known problem. That is amazingly frustrating to anyone trying to address the issue. 

same problem