cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XBOX Controller + Air Link = A joke.

Sajgoniarz
Explorer

When XBOX Controller is going to be supported by Air Link not only directly linked to PC, but through headset (like VD)?
I had a hope that Air Link made Virtual Desktop obsolete (No offense VD Developers, amazing job!) for games, but I've got big WTF seeing Touch Controllers lying on the floor in the launcher, while my xbox controller were useless. I understand, that Air Link is in Experimental phase, but for me it seems more like useless POH. I guess that a lot of Oculus Quest user bought it, because they didn't want to be chained to their PC, sitting at cosy coach downstairs,  and they looked forward for Air-Link. Streaming controller input (You are already doing it!) and handling it in Oculus App (You are already doing it!) can't be so hard to implement!

6 REPLIES 6

DrGNOLA
Protege

My problem exactly. Finally fixed one Air Link stuttering problem by setting bit rate to 0 and now the Xbox wireless pc gamepad won't work all of a sudden. Works with Steam...but then what would I need the horrible Link software for...? I wish. Any one have an advice or suggestions for Xbox gamepad not being recognized by Link or AirLink all of a sudden. It was working previously. 

Have you controller paired with Headset or PC? My gamepad works fine paired to headset while playing through Virtual Desktop, My problem is that it doesn't work via Air-Link while paired with googles. Space where I'm playing is too far from PC to pair gamepad with it.

Yes, the gamepad works for me with VD also, but doesn't get recognized when I open games via the Oculus Link/AirLink home menu. Not since the latest Oculus update. Not sure if selecting Use Oculus API for OpenX had any effect on this as that was the o ly change I recall making. Luckily the gamepad works via Steam interface, but its a hassle and doesn't help resource-wise to have to run the games through Oculus, then Steam, in effect: (

Ghinao
Honored Guest

I know this is old, but I'm having a similar problem. Wanted to play American/Euro Truck Sim in VR. I have a Quest 2 I'm using via Link cable. The games startup and run but my Xbox gamepad will not work. It works perfectly fine for flatscreen play, but apparently running ATS through Steam VR or maybe just software running over Link doesn't recognize the gamepad.

@Ghinao  I’ve never had any problems using my wireless Bluetooth Xbox S gamepad with any supported oculus Rift apps or Steam store games:  this with my Q2 using Link or Air Link.

The main thing is to properly pair it to your pc to begin with.  I’ve never tried pairing it to the standalone headset because I don’t have any standalone games that I think this would benefit.

With the oculus desktop app go to devices and scroll down to see that the controller is paired and connected.  If not, you may need to hit the add a device and addit.

For Steam you may need to go to Steam settings and make sure you include the Xbox controller.

No that I use my Xbox controller much anymore but it still seems to work fine for games that support it.  I don’t have that Truck sim so I can’t test that:

Of course Virtual Desktop has a handy gamepad option you may want to try.  It allows you to just use your touch controllers to work like a Xbox controller.  Works pretty well imho.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

In my case connecting pad to PC is not not even an option, since I use them in different rooms, while one wall is enough to block the bt signal.