cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another Black Screen Issue...now sorted!

CarlosTJackal
Explorer
Hi All, I set up my new Rift the other day but as my graphics card only has one HDMI input (GTX 1060) I had to keep switching between the monitor to the rift to set it up. Having said that it all worked fine and I could use the rift without any issues. The next day I got a DVI cable so that I could have the monitor and rift plugged in at the same time (both are attached directly to the graphics card). Now when I go into set up it shows everything is connected correctly including the HDMI for the rift but I get an error message saying the rift isn't working correctly (within the oculus app) and I have sound in the rift but the fixed orange light and no image? I made no other changes other than adding the DVI cable so not sure what's happened...I would really appreciate it if anyone has any ideas? Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

CarlosTJackal
Explorer
Well I managed to sort this today...I bought a display port to hdmi adapter. I plugged my monitor into it and launched oculus and it all worked including steam VR. I’ll be honest I’m not 100% sure why but hey it works!

lensmandave
Superstar
Good to hear...enjoy 🙂
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.