cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about Oculus Touch & battery drain...

Bix_Byte
Honored Guest
My left Oculus Touch drain battery faster than the right Oculus Touch. Why?
The left controller has 1-2 days duration while the right controller (main hand) after one week is still OK.
I think this is an hardware issue...
Solution?
31 REPLIES 31

Well my left & right Touch batteries last pretty much the same, maybe a few hours less for the right as that's my dominant hand.

1-2 days is way too short, possibly it's not gong to sleep, Is there any indication of that?... i.e. is it instantly connected as soon as you go into VR... whereas the right controller waits until  you press a button?

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
What kind of batteries do you have in it?  Mine last weeks being used a couple hours per day.  That's with Turnigy low self discharge nimhs.

ElusiveMarlin
Rising Star
I too have notice a recent upsurge in having to replace my left touch controller battery.

I too am right handed, and mostly use the right controller, but have had to replace the battery 3 times this week in the left controller (Yes I am using fresh/new batteries), but the battery in the right controller has been the same for about 2 months now!!

I store both controller in exactly the same place in the same orientation, so no buttons/triggers are being pressed.

When I initially start a VR session, if i just put the HMD on, I have no hands and have to press a button before the VR hand appears, (as it should do), so it is not continually polling.
RIFT CV1
RIFT S
Leeds, UK.

Intel Core i7 7700K 3.7GHz | RAM 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB |

"Behind every mask there is a face, and behind that a story...."

I would suggest a first test would be to remove the left battery when not using it, if that extends the life back to normal then that will at least confirm it’s a hardware or software issue and not a battery problem.

Bix_Byte
Honored Guest

I would suggest a first test would be to remove the left battery when not using it, if that extends the life back to normal then that will at least confirm it’s a hardware or software issue and not a battery problem.

I am sure that it is not a battery problem.
After the standard not rechargeable batteries, now I am using rechargeable batteries.
The result is always the same. The left controller drains battery power when in standby: looking at the device page both both controllers go in standby and controllers stay in standby...

Yesterday, I put a full charged battery in my left controller and I let in the right controller the same battery changed some days ago (and still full charged).
Well.
Without using Oculus, today the left controller battery has less power of the (old) right controller battery.

Bix_Byte
Honored Guest
Latest and last test: changed both batteries saturday at 6 pm using fresh new batteries.
Both devices go in standby after a while.
I do not use Oculus and this morning, monday, the right controller was still in standby and the left was dead.
The left controller battery has been fully discharged.
Now I will open a ticket.
Cheers

Zebded
Honored Guest
I'm having the same issue. Left controller battery dying when in storage but right not affected. Both store same place in a box away from sensors. Get them out and left controller totally dead. New battery and it works.
Some weird bug in an update?

Potato_of_Doom
Honored Guest
Weird, I got exactly the same issue since the last firmware update

Zebded
Honored Guest
I've raised a feedback.
4 days for and unused left controller battery to die. Right one, full charge