cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

after v39 Update cant grab things on Rift Environment

Alzugaray.28
Level 2

Hi guys, I'm having problems when connecting my Oculus Quest 2 to my PC,  the environment logs and all looks good, but I can't select items from my wall and grab them, I need to go near them (by it side) to grab,  I can grab things from my inventory, but once I drop them I can't pick them up unless I stand near the object and grab it, 

the only thing I'm able to grab from distance is the Mirror, everything else is not selected (actually the pointers not even appear).

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

TomCgcmfc
Level 15

If you’re on the oculus desktop app beta (v40) opt out and go back to the stable v39.  I recently needed to do this because tracking, hand gestures, and selecting in-game buttons/switches did not work properly.

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro

yeah im on v40, **bleep**, do you know where to get the v39? thanks mate

@Alzugaray.28  If you are on v40 with the oculus desktop pc app and your quest is on v39 then opt out of the desktop pc beta which will take you back to v39.

if you are on v40 with your quest that means you are enrolled on the quest beta program and you cannot roll that back to v39.  That’s the problem with the program and why I got out of it just before v37.  If this is the case you may want to actually try opting into the oculus desktop app beta (settings beta tab).

All a lot more confusing than it should be, lol!  If you cannot sort this out yourself then contact oculus support I guess.

9 9900k, rtx3090, 32 Gb ram, 1tb ssd, 4tb hdd. xi hero wifi mb, 750w psu, Q2 w/Air Link, Vive Pro