cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

air link problem

infrose
Explorer

so i got a game on air link and yes it gave it to me but when i leave air link it got rid of the game on the non-airlink menu, it kept the game on air link though. is there a help / answer to this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, I understand that your game is no longer available on the non-airlink menu. We realize this can be a little unsettling. 

Firstly, may you confirm what title is causing you a problem? If it's a Rift title, it will only be available when using Air Link. 

Once we receive this information from you, we can assist you further. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, I understand that your game is no longer available on the non-airlink menu. We realize this can be a little unsettling. 

Firstly, may you confirm what title is causing you a problem? If it's a Rift title, it will only be available when using Air Link. 

Once we receive this information from you, we can assist you further. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

ok but yes i can play it but i am NOT in rift, i am in the oculus quest 2, and i can prove that i bought it with proof i dont have it aswell

also the game is beat saber

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

Did you buy it from the Rift store, or the Quest store? Because this title is not Cross-buy enabled. If you buy it through the Quest store, it's only available to play as a Stand Alone game. If you bought it on the Rift store, it's only available as a PCVR game because it is on your computer and not your headset.

Air Link is letting you use your Quest as a unteathered PCVR headset. However when using Air Link you are limited to only PCVR games. When not using Air Link, you're limited only to Quest games. Different ecosystems, after all.

Lo, a quest! I seek the threads of my future in the seeds of the past.

What is the difference between a oculus menu game and a pcvr game anyway? Like I have one headset, this is my first stand-alone headset ever, so I bought this with air link, I’m just wondering if I could either get a refund or get some refferal code so I could have the game there

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

PCVR, or Personal Computer Virtual Reality, is a VR game on your computer. The computer's CPU and GPU are doing the heavy lifting, and sending that data to the Quest 2. The quest receives the data, and shows you what's going on. It then transmits your actions to the computer so the game what you're doing, and can send back information on the results of your actions. This is why there can be latency. Air Link is the new feature that is allowing you to use your Quest 2 as a PCVR headset without being teathered via a USB cable.

If you aren't connected to your computer via Air Link or Oculus Link (using a usb cable to connect to the computer) then you're in the default Stand Alone mode. When the Quest first launched, this was the only mode available. The apps are on a hard drive inside the headset. The headset's built in hardware does all the work. A Quest or Quest 2 uses a customized Android OS and mobile chipset.

EDIT:

Remember, Air Link is not the platform, it's the way of connecting your Quest 2 to the computer. When you stop using Air Link, you are no longer connected to the computer. Any PCVR games you might have are unavailable. On the other hand, when connected to your computer, you can't use any of the software you bought from the Quest app store because your headset is in PCVR mode instead of Stand Alone mode.

When using Oculus Link or Air Link your quest acts like a Rift S.

Ok but can I get a refund for it?

Pixie40
Expert Trustee

You can play the game, right? Air Link is still an option? A game being PCVR is not actually a limitation with a Quest 2 since it can be used as a PCVR headset too.

But to answer about if you can get a refund, it depends. If you have played less then 2 hours then maybe. If you played for more then 2 hours then no, you can't get a refund.

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to ask about a possible refund for your app purchase. We want you to be happy with your purchases and have a digital app refund policy if you require a refund. 

Please see the instructions below:

You may be eligible for a refund if you used the content for less than 2 hours and you've requested a refund less than 14 days after purchase.

To request using the Oculus companion app on your phone:

1. Open the Oculus companion app on your phone.
  2. Tap your profile picture in the upper left corner of your phone.
  3. Tap Purchase History.
  4. Tap on the content you want to request a refund for, then tap Request Refund.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to request your refund.

Please note: Even if you don't qualify for an automated refund under this policy, you may be able to receive a refund by contacting Oculus Support. For example, these refund rights are separate from any legal rights you may have if the content supplied is either faulty or misdescribed.

We sincerely hope this resolves your issue and wishing you a great weekend! 👍