cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

airlink freezing

Lainyle
Honored Guest

Whenever a new scene loaded it would have big freezing. and If the new scene is dark, it would not return to normal unless I lower the bitrate or switch to a bright screen such as display the desktop in the dash.

but from my pc monitor, everything is smooth without any delay,GPU and CPU usage is less than 70%

as long as doesnt load a new scene, it would not get any laggy

rtx3090 + 8700K + quest2 + AC86U

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there. This is not the Oculus experience we are striving for and we want to help figure this out with you. Our recommendation here is to reboot your Oculus headset. 
To reboot your headset:

1. With your headset on, hold the power button on the right side of your headset down until you're prompted with a shut-down screen.

2. Select Restart to reboot your Quest 2 or Quest.

If this does not work, please attempt to factory reset. If these troubleshooting steps do not solve the issue, please submit a ticket and a member of our team will get back to you as quickly as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

PITTCANNA
Visionary

Honestly sounds like its cpu bound, i run airlink for everything and it is rock solid with my pc. My pc is 3080ti I9-10850K 32gig ram and an xfintiy wifi 6 router/modem.
I set dyanmic bit rate to 200mbps
render res 1.3 (to get 2k per eye)

120 frames

asw

sharpening

Not sure if the CPU is too slow, I checked the CPU usage it was lower 50% most time, I‘m confused why the dark scenes for example most horror games are more laggy, and display some bright things would fix it
But when I turn the bitrate lower than 150mbps, it won't get any laggy