Support
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Quest 2 - Software Update Required

I have had this issue trying to pair both of my Quest 2's for the last 4 days. When you click 'try again' it just loops back to this screen.I have tried reinstalling the app (including updating the app), using an IOS phone and using an Android phone,...

img_8913.png
G_CDoc by Level 2
  • 18 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! Facebook Account banned

My Facebook account that was linked to my oculus quest 2 was banned for no reason, I don’t even use Facebook and I only made it for my vr. Since my Facebook account was banned so is my oculus so now I can’t play anything and I can’t even sign in or d...

Known Issue - Headset logged out and missing app library

Hi everyone, the team is working on an issue now based on some reports that users are getting logged out of their headset or aren't seeing their purchased apps. In some of these cases, you might not be able to log back in. The team is working to get ...

BSOD (once) when running Oculus World Demo, SDK v0.4.0

I just installed the new Oculus Driver (as part of the SDK v0.4.0 release), testing the setup with my DK1. I restarted my computer (Windows 7 64-bit) after installation.I was able to use the Demo Scene in the Oculus Configuration Utility without prob...

Juttering move stop move stop move stop

when i turn my head the image jitters nonstop i have a Alienware M18X with 2 HD6970 crossfire 16 gigs of ram and i7 2920xm i also tried my rift on my shitty tablet pc? and it does not jitter...Asus Trio

DK2 Vsync issues on direct hdm acces

Hi,Just got my DK2, first oculus i have had so maybe those are know but reporting them in case it helps develop.Using Direct access to HMD i saw the following issues: -Having my main monitor set to any refresh rate higher than 60hz results on mayor s...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Direct Mode hangs on device reset

I have direct mode working in my engine, which uses DirectX9Ex. However, I need a way to go in and out of "Oculus mode" as the user desires.Here's how I've done it:1) Call ovr_Initialize()2) Create window and D3D9Ex device3) Play game, etc. Everythin...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Able to update firmware, DK2 still not detected

Able to update firmware(by disabling OVRservice_x64 before clicking update firmware), but config util still says 'no device attached'. During the firmware update it was showing 'Boot DK2' but that stopped right after the update. I checked that the DK...

Config Tool crash during firmware installation

I just got my DK2 recently. I followed the instructions in the Quick Start Guide, and then ran OculusConfigTool, and as per the README, I attempted to update the firmware to 2.11. While doing this, I had my monitor plugged in to my card's sole HDMI p...

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

OVRDisplay IDirect3D9 issues

Hello,I have two issues with the OVRDisplay IDirect3D9 interface:First, if I call CreateDevice with a D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS structure configured for a fullscreen rendering, the ovr driver will try to convert it to a windowed one.To do so, it force so...

everything flagged as spam...

I made two accounts and every reply was 'flagged as spam'.After trying everything else and contacting support I solved my own problem.It seems my own domain based email address was the problem, so I made a third account using gmail and now I can post...

NO HDM AND SENSOR DETECTED

Hi everyonemy new oculus dk2 works on my laptop Asus n56 jr,win 8 with nvidia gtx 760MOculus world demo works fine but all the other applications that i download from the oculus/sharegive me the messege "no hdm and sensor detected".Application runs b...

Can't upgrade firmware

When trying to upgrade the firmware to 2.11 as required I get the following error:"Invalid firmware! The firmware is for a different product"https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/843009/dk2_firmware.pngSetup: Windows 7, via iMac BootcampBut I can get t...

mkeblx by Level 3
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Vertical band of dimmed pixels

Anyone else who has their DK2 notice a sort of narrow band of pixels running from top-to-bottom in the center of both eyes where it's just very slightly dimmed? It has a slight curve to it, almost like an hour glass where it's fatter at the top and n...

3Jane by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Needing Help With Computer

im buying a new computer for my oculus rift, this will be the first time ive brought a desktop so can anyone help meby telling me if this is a good computer and if it will work with the Oculus DK2Case: Antec Twelve Hundred Full-Tower Gaming Case, Bla...

BaydenB by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unity DK2 Direct Mode bug with desktop resolution

Previously I had just assumed that Direct Mode apps made in Unity just weren't working at all. Most wouldn't show up at all, but if they did, they were in a corner of my left eye and basically unusable. I decided to try changing from my native deskto...

Using the DK2 with 0.3.2 on Mac

One thing I've been saying to people is that even though the 0.4.x SDK isn't available for OSX yet, you should still be able to use the 0.3.2 SDK, just without positional tracking. Well, I tried that today and I just want to say, I'm so sorry. The 0....

jherico by Level 5
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to get OpenGL working in Direct HMD mode

Neither my own applications nor the SDK examples appear to work in OpenGL mode if I enable DirectHMD with a DK1 (no DK2 to test with yet). In my own example code, if I create a context with glfw and don't specify any special attributes (like the GL v...

jherico by Level 5
  • 47 replies
  • 0 kudos

What are the video timings for the DK2 (extended mode)

Hello everyone with a working DK2.I've created this thread in the hope you might be able to help me. A while ago I posted a request for people to share the video timings their graphics driver is reporting for the DK2.viewtopic.php?f=34&t=11604&start=...

Strange double image, sometimes

Somewhere in the middle of upgrading from a 270x to a GTX 770, installing MSI Afterburner to monitor framerate, and who knows what else, I discovered that in some content the display gets a double image.Running in extended mode, most content still di...

Oculus Dk2 demos not working right

I can only get the sdk demo and the other demo that's in the oculus configuration utility to work, every other demo doesn't seem to want to work right on my oculus. Every other demo will show up on my oculus but will look like this image (http://www....

Weird vision issue

After i've downloaded a OVRCameraController to fix the Deffered lightning issue from boone188 of the Oculus team i've find out another weird issue.I've an intro menu on my game where you can switch between two controller. The first one is a standard ...

Welby by Level 5
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

App does not recognize HMD?

Hi,My DK2 works well in some scenarios, but less than well in most others. I've got SDK 0.4.0 and the runtime up and running and the desk demo works perfectly. Some other apps I've tried (Tuscany, Ocean Rift, Whirligig) works fairly well too (I get s...

Unable to uninstall Oculust Runtime

Hey - because its not possible for me to Activate the Direct to Rift mode is was tryin to uninstall everything and start from scratch...but Oculus runtime cant be uninstalled. i simply got that Windows 8 error:Translate from German:"This App doesn't ...

arcon by Level 3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

OVRService_x64.exe crashes every 10 seconds

Hi all, got the DK2 yesterday but I'm having some problems with it. On my main computer, the headset is detected fine, but the "OVRService_x64.exe" service keeps crashing every ten seconds, making it impossible to use the direct mode at all. Extended...

Jeppe by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Many problems with DK2 and ConfigUtility; basically unusable

Hi all,Prior to receiving my DK2, I had installed the Oculus Runtime, and that had problems. When the config utility starts up, it says "Service not running", and it is very slow. When I eventually launch the main config utility window, every interac...

Extend Desktop Mode - Resolution-bug?!

Hi there,I got my DK2 and I'm happy so far, but I'm not able to use the "Extend Desktop to the HMD" Mode. First of all I post two screenshots for you:http://netzstrand.de/downloads/rift1.jpghttp://netzstrand.de/downloads/rift2.jpgAs you can see, my r...

lotus23 by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

German Language

Is it possible to create a Sub-forum sections for developers in other languages like German?I think that would be a good idea because many users do not speak English.

No video

I just got the Oculus Rift DK2 today. I installed using the instructions in the manual. I updated the firmware. I press show demo scene and It tells me "Headset on. Please put on the headset." But there's no video in the headset. The motion controls ...

Problems with DK2 on Mac

The screen is flipped 90 degrees and only on the right lens. Is DK2 supported for mac at this point? I don't see any downloads in the developer portal. Thanks

Labels