cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't set oculus as active openxr runtime

jeevil
Honored Guest

jeevil_0-1635902283795.png

i have a quest 2 and use it on link but it wont work at all because when i click the button here it just does nothing

in the quest when i click enable link it loads for a few seconds and just reloads the home area (nothing happens)

please help my quest 2 is unusable for pcvr like this and it seems like such a simple thing

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I just took a look at that registry value and found that my 64 bit system was using the Oculus runtime, but it was set to use the 32 bit runtime by default. I'll be editing that registry to use the 64 bit version instead. Thank you!

For anyone reading: running a 32 bit version of a program on your 64 bit processor can be slower than if you just use the 64 bit version. That's why I'm changing it.

View solution in original post

The_1st_Dark_Lord_Morgoth
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

THIS IS NOT A SOLUTION. MARKING FOR VISABILITY

Hey everyone! It looks like this thread is a pretty old one with outdated information. Because of this, I will be locking this thread. If you're still having trouble setting Oculus as the active OpenXR runtime, I recommend that you make a new thread in the Get Help section of the forums. This way, @MetaQuestSupport will be able to assist you, or you can send them a private message by going to their profile.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.

View solution in original post

96 REPLIES 96

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello jeevil! Let's troubleshoot this problem together and get Link fully working with your Quest 2. Here are some things you can try:

• Ensure you are using the Oculus Link cable, and not the included charging cable or any other cable.
  • Restart the headset and try connecting again with only the keyboard and mouse plugged into your PC.
  • Ensure your GPU drivers and Oculus drivers are fully up to date.
  • Repair the Oculus PC app by following the instructions HERE.
  • Confirm your USB power settings by following these steps:
    • Open Device Manager.
    • Locate your USB ports - Expand the universal serial bus controller section at the bottom of the list. Look for the "USB 3.0/3.1/3.10 eXtensible" items.
    • Right click and select Properties.
    • Navigate to Power Management.
    • Ensure that the options to save power are deselected.
      • Not all of these listings will have these Power Management options, so skip and move onto the next item in the list until completed.

If you need additional help beyond these steps, feel free to send us a PM or click HERE to submit a support ticket. We want to help get PC VR working for you as soon as possible. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello! Just checking back in and wanted to see if your issue was resolved.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

CWeseloh
Honored Guest

I'm having a similar issue.  Clicking the "Set Oculus as Active" doesn't do anything or generate any error messages.  My software drivers are up to date, etc.

gl0ri0us
Explorer

Same problem here.

aiddun
Explorer

Same problem here

kalle.giesbert
Explorer

Same problem here. The button is inactive, no error message. Went through all steps mentioned by Oculus support above and all seemed alright, but cannot set Oculus as default OpenXR runtime. 

PS actually using Rift, not Quest, but the problem with the App is the same 

Hey everyone, if the previous troubleshooting steps didn't work to set Oculus as active OpenXR runtime, we have a couple more options to try. Some people have found the following to be helpful:

• If there are multiple accounts associated with your device, use the administrator account to "Set Oculus as active".
  • Open Oculus app > Go to Settings > Select Beta > OpenXR Runtime > Set Oculus as active

We hope this helps! If you are still having issues after these steps, you can reach out to the developers of OpenXR here: https://www.khronos.org/about/contact/

CWeseloh
Honored Guest

I'm unable to login to the computer with an official Admin account due to this being a corporate laptop.  I tried opening the Oculus application with the "Run as Administrator" option which should have the same effect, and that didn't help.  

The "Set Oculus as active" option is no longer on the Beta tab.  It's found under the General tab.  That's the button that we are all saying doesn't work.

My understanding is that this feature sets a registry value, so this definitely sounds like an issue with the Oculus software, not something that OpenXR would fix.  Please explain why a developer at OpenXR would be able to help fix a button in the Oculus application.