cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't set oculus as active openxr runtime

jeevil
Honored Guest

jeevil_0-1635902283795.png

i have a quest 2 and use it on link but it wont work at all because when i click the button here it just does nothing

in the quest when i click enable link it loads for a few seconds and just reloads the home area (nothing happens)

please help my quest 2 is unusable for pcvr like this and it seems like such a simple thing

96 REPLIES 96

kalle.giesbert
Explorer

We have multiple user accounts and tried two things:

- admin ran Oculus App with "Run as administrator" privileges from my account - same problem as before

- admin ran Oculus App from admin account - Oculus App did not start

Unsure why OpenXR developers would be able to help?

DrMule1
Honored Guest

I discovered that you need to manually change "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Khronos\OpenXR\1"  Active Runtime value to "C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\oculus_openxr_64.json" to eliminate this problem.

Is this on a mac? I am having this problem on windows 10 and am having trouble finding that file.

user_447000113888232
Honored Guest

I dont have open xr installed that I know of I just have oculus app. Please fix this @MetaQuestSupport 

I can't play most games unless I am using steam vr because of this.

infozen8
Honored Guest

When I was using PC with admin account, everyhing worked fine, but after switching to Windows 11 I decided to use limited user account to make my pc a little bit secure. So OpenXR Runtime setting as default function doesn't work on limited user account. Today i logged in as admin, logged to oculus account and set OpenXR as default, after that returning to limited user account everything was set correctly.

I have different problem with my Oculus Rift S. In Windows 10 desktop mode worked fine, but now in Windows 11 i can't see mouse coursor, can't close, minimize windows with touch controllers or run apps.  Is this somehow connected with this topic's issue?

Hey there, as of now Windows 11 isn't supported. That's why you're having those issues, we'd recommend that you revert back to Windows 10. We understand that this is an ongoing issue, we thank you for your patience and cooperation with us while we work on a solution for this. If after reverting back to Windows 10 and you're still having these issues, we'd recommend that you reach out to use on our support site here (https://ocul.us/ContactSupport). There, we'll be able gather some more information from you. We're always here to help! Happy Holidays🎄

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

This is a cop out answer that has yet to be answered. I'm now having the same problem and I'm still on Windows 10.

Pushing the button to set Oculus as active OpenXR runtime does nothing. I even went as far as to edit the registry with a suggested edit but with no luck as well.

We need more suggestions or some type of software fix for these problems.

Thank you for the suggestion but this did not work for me. I even tried rebooting after the edit.

Why do I HAVE to use the Oculus Link cable?

It doesn't make any sence to me, that you FORCED TO BUY a cable to just enable one thing!

Why the link cable doesn't included in the box?

Hey YeIIowPig! Purchasing the Oculus Link cable is optional. The Oculus Link enables you to cast from your VR headset to another device. Air Link, which is completely wireless, serves the same purpose. We hope this clears up any confusion. 

Please feel free to reach out to us if you need help with anything. Happy Gaming! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!