cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

elite dangerous unplayable due to random disconnections.

darren_heale_20
Level 2
usb 3 power management is off.
xhbc setting in bios is off
the link will reconnect straight away so maybe that eliminates the cable.
8 core amd 8350 cpu so that shouldnt be a problem.
linked gtx 1070 cards one doing graphics the other dedicated to physx.. sli doesnt work with this game so thats off.
22gb memory.
and still it randomly disconnects.
what am i missing?
7 REPLIES 7

Techy111
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
SLI is the problem, try disabling and retry with a single card ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

darren_heale_20
Level 2
sli is disabled at the nvida settings. 

Antonyvw
Level 4
I have a thread running on Steam about ED quitting (I use the Rift S). Despite doing a very thorough checking of my hardware, memory - cpu - gpu - hardrives etc, I could not find any problem. I reported the problem multiple times via their reporting system, as when mine quit I got a window pop up asking for details on the crash.
The last few days I have done an update in Windows 10. All of a sudden the problems have stopped. I would not be surprised if your problem is also to do with the OS rather than anything else.
I twigged it as my daughter told me she had been having the blue screen of death in Win 10 a week or so before I had my problems. when I started looking at the Win 10 updates I noticed that there was a patch that had gone through recently, (about the time my problems started), but there was also a security patch that had not auto installed. Once I installed that the problem stopped.. 
Hope this might help you too.

darren_heale_20
Level 2
ok ill go have a look.

darren_heale_20
Level 2
does this update ring a bell to you? KB2267602 theres also the malicious software removal tool

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
If it's a Rift-S that is disconnecting, it could be power related. A powered USB hub can really help (I have to use one for my Rift-S).
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

darren_heale_20
Level 2
i think maybe i got it. i've got a fresco logic pcie usb 3 hub lying around, installed it, no cut outs for the last two hours play