forgot lock pattern how do I reset

AuntieJ7
Level 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

If you have a phone with the Oculus app connected to your headset, you can do it there: in the phone app, go to Menu/Devices, and scroll down under Headset Settings to find Unlock Pattern. You have two options there, Reset or Remove. For Reset you need to know your pattern, but if you choose Remove, you just verify with your Oculus payment PIN to get rid of it.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

nalex66
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

If you have a phone with the Oculus app connected to your headset, you can do it there: in the phone app, go to Menu/Devices, and scroll down under Headset Settings to find Unlock Pattern. You have two options there, Reset or Remove. For Reset you need to know your pattern, but if you choose Remove, you just verify with your Oculus payment PIN to get rid of it.

i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, 3x Samsung Evo 1TB | Startech PCIe 4x USB 3.0 | Startech PCIe 2x USB C 3.1 gen2

I believe that is no longer a option any longer. Which is ridiculous. What's point not to include that as option. Ir even why pattern is even an option.  When its easily factory reset to get it taken off. It's just very rude to the customers how this mess is. We dont have all this internet data to redownload everything. 

The oculus account saves all data, games, transactions, I had to reset mone, and re-downloaded everything without paying for it, and the pattern never came back

Yeah but....... The headset wont show up. This never happened since I forgot my patttern. It's just "not found" even though my headset and my phone are on the same network, my phone has bluetooth on, and i have restarted both the headset and phone.

but how did you reset the device with the pattern locked onto it ?

The problem with mine is the pattern is on it, but because I just changed phones my new phone does not "see" my device and the pattern prevents re-pair

Hey there! We see you're having a hard time pairing your device to your new phone. Not to worry, we're here to lend a hand in getting this resolved. Your headset can only be paired to one mobile device at a time, so in order to pair your headset to your new phone a factory reset will have to be done. To perform a factory reset:

1.  Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Once this is done and you re-setup your device, your new phone should be able to see your headset and you should have the option to create a new unlock pattern should you choose to have one. We hope you find this information helpful, but if you need further assistance just let us know! 😄

Hello again, Deftroadrunner! We wanted to check in to see if you were able to get your device paired to your new phone. Let us know if there is anything we can do to assist!

ProfessorX06
Level 2

Here is my problem.  I forgot my lock pattern on my headset (because I do not use it very often).  The Forgot Lock Pattern instruction in the headset suggests going to the App, looking for the headset, and then removing the lock pattern.   That sounds easy enough.

I go to my app, and it "finds" my headset.  However, the first thing it asks me is to put in the Lock Pattern (which, of course, I have forgotten!)  There is NO option that I can see anywhere to remove the lock pattern.  And when I leave the Lock Pattern screen, it no longer can find my headset..  

Is there a way for me to remove without Resetting the headset?

I think like any other modern security protocol it would be great to have a SIMPLE two factor protocol.  For instance, if I am on a synced app DON'T ASK for the lock pattern.  If I ask to remove, then validate with, say, the Oculus PIN or some other ID as an option other than the Lock Pattern.

If resetting the headset is my only option, I am sure that I will not use the Lock Pattern in the future if at all possible.