cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hand tracking does not work for me

Choleni
MVP
MVP

I have enabled hand tracking, removed the controllers out of headset sight, but it doesn't switch to hands.
I just don't have any hands🤷‍
Does anyone here know what I'm doing wrong and what I can do to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I tried something else today and that fixed it.

I've put the headset on without touching the controllers first.....means, I didn't "wake them up" and that fixed it.

I've hands now and can use hand tracking.😁

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Choleni! We'd love to help you get hand tracking working properly. It's a cool feature to experience.

To start, we'd like to make sure headset tracking is working properly so please check the following:

• Ensure your area is well lit, with enough light to clearly see, but not direct sunlight.
  • Ensure the tracking cameras on the headset are clean.
  • Ensure your area is free of any reflective surfaces such as mirrors, glass or polished marble.
  • Ensure you area is free of small lights such as Christmas lights, or LED strips.
  • Try other rooms to see if the hands show up.

Please let us know if these tips help and we'll be here to help further if needed. Thanks!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thanks for reply.

I had all of this - except of trying an other room - already done.

Just tried that....without success.

I've also deleted the guardian history and set a new one.

And I don't believe it's a problem of the cameras....if I enable space sense, they can "see" my hands.

Thanks for getting back to us. And just to confirm, are your controllers working and tracking properly?

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

They do...I'm playing beat saber with them.

Okay, that's great to hear. We'd like you to try disabling Hand Tracking and then restarting your headset by holding the power button for 30 seconds, then turning it on again. After it reboots, enable Hand Tracking again and see if it kicks in for you. Thanks!

I've already done that too...sorry, I forgot to say that.

But I'll try it tomorrow once more, I'm not sure if I disabeld hand tracking before restart....for today my vr day is over.

We'll be waiting to see how it goes. Feel free to PM us here or reach out to our email and live chat teams here: https://metaque.st/Support

We're ready to look into this deeper with you whenever you'd like. Thanks!

I tried something else today and that fixed it.

I've put the headset on without touching the controllers first.....means, I didn't "wake them up" and that fixed it.

I've hands now and can use hand tracking.😁

Good morning, Choleni!

We hope you're doing well this morning. We are excited to hear you're finally able to use the hand tracking feature! See we believed in you, and you showed yourself! Awesome teamwork! 

Thank you for taking the time to work out this issue with us. We hope you continue to soar in VR, please remember if you need any help we will be right at your service! 

Have an amazing day!