cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keyboard support Logitech K375s

baertmans
Explorer

Hi Oculus,

Thanks for your great product. It is really impressive.

I have two questions about immersive keyboard support. I bought a Logitech K375s keyboard (FCC ID: JNZYR0061) and I selected the correct model in the headset.

1. When I see the keyboard in VR, it looks like Logitech K830. Is this intentional?

2. Immersion is not stable enough for the keyboard to be used, the keyboard shifts left and right, freezes and dissapears. When it is stable, the keys (at least the alphabetic keys) match up perfectly. Could the problem be due to the fact that I have the 'international' layout (with vertical enter instead of horizontal enter)? If so, is support for the international layout expected to be added?

Thanks in advance.

Baertmans.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

baertmans
Explorer

Update: I retried using the keyboard and now it works! I guess the software needed download some more updates. (aside from the main v40 update).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @baertmans! Thank you for your kindness. It's our pleasure to deliver the best experiences possible! To answer your questions: Workrooms is an ever growing environment, and support for more keyboards is always on our minds. Defaulting to the K830 overlay is by design, as that is the supported Logitech keyboard. For the time being, supported keyboards can be found here.

If you have a specific keyboard that you would like to see supported, let us know! Our Ideas community can be found here. Feedback and suggestions are not only welcomed but encouraged, as we continue to grow the Metaverse together!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

baertmans
Explorer

Hi OculusSupport,

Thanks for your quick reply. I understood from the v40 release notes that the K375s should already be supported, please see https://store.facebook.com/en-gb/help/quest/articles/headsets-and-accessories/meta-quest-accessories... . That's why I'm puzzled that my K375s doesn't seem to work. I suspect it has something to do with the layout International (vertical enter) versus american (horizontal enter).

baertmans
Explorer

Update: I retried using the keyboard and now it works! I guess the software needed download some more updates. (aside from the main v40 update).

DaveGeen
Honored Guest

I wonder where I can find the updates for the K375s, I have some really annoying problems:

• I bought a K375s AZERTY keyboard, it shows up as a QWERTY. Small relieve it also functions as a qwerty but I would be really happy if the settings would allow the keys to realign as an AZERTY keyboard in VR.
  • Although it is a supported keyboard, Workrooms seems not to support it. It doesn't show up. Am I missing an update here? 

I am trying to find business applications for this VR environment, but not being able to type in the collaboration environment makes it completely useless in a business setting.

I would love a feature where we can use the keyboard on the whiteboard. My handwriting is bad enough in real world. Tough in virtual world to be neat.

If we could have a feature to make lists, and editable text boxes, that my keyboard will type to in VR, would be amazing!!!!

Hey there, @MrFlippityDoWop! We always love hearing from our users about what they think we should add to improve the VR experience! This would be great to add in the Ideas Forums. While we can't make any guarantees, ther's some ideas that gained enough traction over there and were implemented to help improve our devices! You can visit the Ideas Forums by following this link. Enjoy the rest of your day! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!