cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

link needs new update but it does not show up!

Swamp_rocket97
Explorer
i was going to use steam vr when link was not working, i thought it was the oculus app that was not open, i was wrong, it needed an update, i did not see it in the updates, so i waited for my other updates to be done but, it did not show up, so i came here, here is a screen shot of the popup below,

here is what i have done,
1:closed the app and opened it again,
2:checked for updates on my quest,
3:restarted my headset,

plus it has a button leting you enable link but when i press it, the screen goes black and goes back to the quest home menu, can you guys help?
09ngkwbsik0i.jpg
4 REPLIES 4

Apehjerne
Protege
Sadly, Oculus doesn’t give the slightest crap about providing their user base with proper ie. clear, informative info/instructions on these updates and how we should go about them.
I’ve spent three days on forums and with Support, trying to understand and fix my Link problem (just like yours) caused by the latest update.

Please read through some of the numerous other discussions here on the same subject.
You are far from the only one struggling with this issue.

Swamp_rocket97
Explorer
um well its not letting me update, the update does not show up, the "other updates" was just app updates.

Swamp_rocket97
Explorer
i just looked, but i dont know if this is a glitch or its not here yet.

Apehjerne
Protege
You'll find a lot more clarity from the numerous other discussions on her, like I mentioned - much more so than what you'll get from Oculus.. sadly.
To put it short, from what I have gathered so far: Quest update v13 was rolled out 4 days ago, at least that's when I got it. Since the Quest update, Link has been bricked for myself and many others. In principle, you need both the Quest and the Windows Oculus app at v13 for Quest/Link compatibility, however some (many?) have had luck with simply enrolling to Beta (PTC, Public Test Channel) thus updating to v14, although the updates info will indicate v13.. for some puzzling reason.
V14 is apparently riddled with its own toxic stew of various issues, causing both v12 (current Oculus app version) and v14 to be incompatible with Quest v13. Hence the chaos.

So.. now we are waiting for this v13 to arrive at some point. And of course.. Oculus are remaining silent on all of this.