cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

monitor Dims on oculus software start

FIame1
Honored Guest
As the title says, whenever the oculus software starts my monitor dims along with the saturation also going higher. the only way to fix this is to restart my pc. or to reinstall my geforce game ready drivers. both are a temporary fix though, and it happens again the next time the client launches. I have tried uninstalling the vr software from oculus and steam, thought it was steam at first, but has been happening without steam even running. I assume since reinstalling my drivers fixes it it has something to do with them but just thought i should post this here since i haven't found anything online related to this.
7 REPLIES 7

FelicityC
Adventurer
Most likely it's changing the power plan.

See if the power plan is being changed, and if it is, you can either lock it with a group policy edit, or with oculus tray tool.
8700k @ whatever i feel like, 2070 Super, 3200mhz 32gb memory @ CL16, 1tb wd sn750, msi z370 gaming plus, pvc pipe gun

demonic_pug
Honored Guest

FelicityC said:

See if the power plan is being changed, and if it is, you can either lock it with a group policy edit, or with oculus tray tool.

its not that, it doesnt change the brightness just the saturation. I literally cant open oculus now.

FIame1
Honored Guest

FelicityC said:

its not that, it doesnt change the brightness just the saturation. I literally cant open oculus now.

you're having this problem too demonic_pug? also you seem to be right, the screen doesnt dim its only a saturation change 

Frukostklubben
Honored Guest
I have the exact same issue.

Frukostklubben
Honored Guest
I managed to fix the issue on my end.

I had NVIDIA colour settings selected, this seems to cause issues with the Oculus App (I'm guessing it has to have some specific monitor settings for the Rift screens, and this settings does not support those changes.)

Hope it helps someone!

7h2llwdl6ypt.png

Shooter80
Explorer
This has started happening to me, only once after each reboot.

I have 3 screens connected, all LG (8bit, no HDR), and it doesn't do it if my main screen (the one that the boot process is displayed on) is active, but if only one of the other screens is active when I open the oculus software everything dims out. Its easy corrected, by changing which screens are in use (win+P) or by closing and reopening the Oculus software, but still strange.

Everything is set to use default color settings and I've tried different drivers, and different installs of windows etc, tried on and off the PTC, the behaviour is consistent.

SWE-Timberwolf
Honored Guest
This is happening to me as well. You can usually fix it by turning your mail display off an on. But has any one found a fix to this?