cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new quest is unable to pair

Almighty.raccoon.
Honored Guest

I recently purchased a quest 2 (brand new) when i was setting it up everything was normal until the pair screen i have tried everything and nothing has worked is anyone having this issue or if you have the solution please tell me im desprate

7 REPLIES 7

Whitewolf1333
Explorer

Hey there I'm going through the same issue. They say when this problem is happening to hook it up to the oculus app on the computer by hard wiring it to pair it to your account.  That being said I got a replacement for a faulty device through warranty and now can't connect it and when I ask to receive a new device or my money back they just keep telling me that they are currently having stock issues, which they have been telling people for like a year now or 6 months  While still selling them on their website. I've been going back-and-forth with them in email and getting nothing but copy paste responses and deterrence. I've asked for a refund they have not acknowledged the request I have asked for a new device they say that there is no stock and when  I asked for credit towards a new product so that I can just buy one off their website and send back mine in my last email so lets see if they begin to work with me. Its been a hassle for a couple weeks now, and thats already after getting the refurb in the first place.  They've been doing this to a lot of people there's been a lot of complaint about their customer service and not honoring warranties. I'm thinking of putting together a class action lawsuit, DM me on telegram if you think this sound like you and you have a compelling case. @Whitewolf1333 

(I dont have a computer to hook up to)

Whitewolf1333
Explorer

Oops sorry my responce didnt load on my screen and resent

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @almighty.raccoon. We see you're having an issue getting your new headset paired! We definitely want to assist with getting your headset set up. Please reach out to us in a private message with more details of what is happening when you attempt to pair the headset. 

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

jermx.2022
Explorer

I didnt purchase my quest 2  recently i had it back in march of this year but all i did was factory reset and ever since meta quest came out it refuses to pair with my phone for no reason

marben76
Explorer

I received a new device after trouble with my original one.  I logged into my oculus account on my laptop to remove my old device.   It then let me connect to my new headset w my headset plugged into my laptop.   After that my phone app recognized the headset and let me pair my controllers.  It’s currently doing updates.  

this worked for me so far.   Hope that helped. Good luck 

Hi there! We see you are having pairing issues and we know how troubling this issue can be. 

But we are here to make sure you are getting the help you need. We want to get you back to the awesome world of VR.

We are currently seeing this issue with a few of our users. We can assure our high-tech team is working hard to get this situated. 

In the meantime, you can reach out to us through PM and we can do a few troubleshooting steps.

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

You can also stay updated through our forums! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Nonsense. You guys arent fixing squat.